Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 35
Author
Last great problems Australia
wanttobeastar1
24-Nov-2009
4:58:54 PM
So what are they? We're not short of great rock but what iconic lines are left to do?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
24-Nov-2009
5:36:07 PM
Plenty if you are a boulderer ;-)
hero
24-Nov-2009
5:38:16 PM
somalia
scarecrow
24-Nov-2009
6:46:52 PM
Surely there are a couple more lines on the Punks wall..left of punks those beautiful bulges..pretty
insipring lines. Anything on there?
Wendy
24-Nov-2009
7:50:07 PM
there's a post somewhere listing a few options to keep you occupied in the Gramps. It might be in the Ben frees Gilgamesh thread.
Winston Smith
24-Nov-2009
8:51:36 PM
Barrenjoey Headland has a few soaring faces that need grid-bolting.
WM
24-Nov-2009
9:49:31 PM
http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=DisplayTopic&ForumID=1&MessageID=1016&PagePos=&Sort=&Replies=30&MsgPagePos=0

pmonks
25-Nov-2009
10:32:59 AM
On 24/11/2009 Winston Smith wrote:
>Barrenjoey Headland has a few soaring faces that need grid-bolting.

Mostly on the northern side...
hero
25-Nov-2009
10:46:19 AM
So much to keep people busy, depending on their adventurouness.

Ben and Jerry' things on the Bluff. Inquisition. Oh, and Somalia is the route left of India, not the country.

Really long route at Wollombi Armidale.

West Face Yullidinida, at Kaputar.Makes Shah Jalud look like a picnic.

Large sections of Frenchmans.
wanttobeastar1
25-Nov-2009
11:26:12 AM
On 25/11/2009 hero wrote:
>So much to keep people busy, depending on their adventurouness.
>
>Really long route at Wollombi Armidale.
>
>West Face Yullidinida, at Kaputar.Makes Shah Jalud look like a picnic.
>
>
>Large sections of Frenchmans.
>

These adventurous things sound cool, I guess that was what I was wondering, is hard sport climbing
the only future for Australia climbing. It doesn't seem as though much has been added in this vein
since Carrigan and friends.
widewetandslippery
25-Nov-2009
11:41:27 AM
Bungonia has sporadic action with hard long routes.

evanbb
25-Nov-2009
11:52:10 AM
>Really long route at Wollombi Armidale.

Wollombi? Wollomombi? What ever.
http://www.nnsw.com.au/wollomombifalls/

It's an incredible piece of rock. There's a long wasy route between that and Chandler which I'm really interested in. What sort of rock is it?

evanbb
25-Nov-2009
12:17:10 PM
There's an unclimbed offwidth at Pierce's Creek, and one at Tarana I believe as well.

hero
25-Nov-2009
12:28:19 PM
My mistake on the spelling. The ridge is one of Australlia's great excursions. But downstream there is huge wall. The rock is not the best.

cruze
25-Nov-2009
12:47:33 PM
On 25/11/2009 evanbb wrote:
>There's an unclimbed offwidth at ... Tarana I believe

Where abouts? Is that the one above dr martens boots at deckout buttress?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
25-Nov-2009
12:50:34 PM
On 25/11/2009 wanttobeastar1 wrote:
>These adventurous things sound cool, I guess that was what I was wondering,
>is hard sport climbing the only future for Australia climbing.

From what I have seen and read, it appears that the pendulum swings back to trad once the novelty of hard sport climbing wears off for the elite in that genre.

>It doesn't seem as though much has been added in this vein since Carrigan and friends.

What about the freeing of Ozymandias?
~> There is more on that wall that will go free in the future too.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
25-Nov-2009
1:01:30 PM
On 25/11/2009 evanbb wrote:
>There's an unclimbed offwidth at Pierce's Creek, and one at Tarana I believe as well.

I heard about a fabled unclimbed offwidth at Black Range, with its whereabouts being mystical indeed.
~> Apparently one intrepid party went out to find and climb it, and were greatly miffed to find that it was a perfect fist crack instead, so they left it for someone else to rediscover...

climberman
25-Nov-2009
1:35:30 PM
right up the knifeline of Hanging Rock
hero
25-Nov-2009
2:35:11 PM
You want offwidths. 10m horizontal offwidth ceiling. Top of the 150m Grey Wall. Gara Gorge. Armidale. Ripe for the picking.

evanbb
25-Nov-2009
2:52:38 PM
>You want offwidths. 10m horizontal offwidth ceiling. Top of the 150m Grey
>Wall. Gara Gorge. Armidale. Ripe for the picking.

I don't really want off-widths, but I am an admirer. I liked Gara Gorge a lot when we climbed there.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 35
There are 35 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints