Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Turquoise) Mid blue .Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
International (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Balls Pyramid?
J.C.
21/12/2013
2:57:49 AM
Anyone got an update on the status of the place? & If anyone has contacts I can talk to about potential permits for a little adventure that would be splendid!
patto
21/12/2013
4:51:01 AM
It is still there.

Climbing is still banned.

The place is still overseen by:
http://www.mpa.nsw.gov.au/lhimp.html

kuu
21/12/2013
11:25:00 AM
On 21/12/2013 J.C. wrote:
>Anyone got an update on the status of the place? & If anyone has contacts
>I can talk to about potential permits for a little adventure that would
>be splendid!

"The Lord Howe Island Group World Heritage Property (now) includes the main island, offshore islets and Balls Pyramid, totalling about 1,455 hectares of land. A further 145,000 hectares of marine environment are included in the World Heritage Area."

Refer: http://www.lordhoweisland.info/history-sustainability/world-heritage/

The Lord Howe Island Board is the manager: http://www.lhib.nsw.gov.au
BA
21/12/2013
11:41:36 AM
It won't be long until the PM allows cattle grazing and hunting. Climbing should be reinstated soon.
J.C.
21/12/2013
12:53:29 PM
I doubt whether the cattle grazing types have enough sway, I just wanna get in there before the oil ships get tired of having to steer around the island and he has it removed
kieranl
23/12/2013
2:21:47 PM
My guess is that your only chance of getting there would be as part of a vertical access team investigating possible phasmid habitat on the cliffs. If you wanted to try this, your best bet would be pitch a proposal to the phasmid keepers at the Melbourne zoo and get their backing. I suspect that plans like this have been mooted before without success.
marky
23/12/2013
4:12:53 PM
On 21/12/2013 J.C. wrote:
>Anyone got an update on the status of the place? & If anyone has contacts
>I can talk to about potential permits for a little adventure that would
>be splendid!

Well since that Jeb guy wingsuited across Balls Pyramid it's now "THE" place to base and wingsuit??

rodw
23/12/2013
4:18:38 PM
You wouldn't need a permit to wingsuit past it would you..just don't land.
lacto
30/11/2014
9:56:09 AM
On 23/12/2013 rodw wrote:
>You wouldn't need a permit to wingsuit past it would you..just don't land.

Just heard Dick Smith and he and all the 7 scouts are going back to balls pyramid to "celebtrate "the 50 th anniversary of their trip there . He is 70 and the oldest 83 and all are still alive and active . They are going to land if conditions are suitable

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints