Report Accidents and Injuries

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 71
Author
Busted ankle bouldering solo 2nd April 2011

cruze
26-Sep-2011
11:29:12 AM
On 26/09/2011 davidn wrote:
>Fun fact: too much codeine turns your skin yellow.
>
>Probably true for many drugs I suspect.
morpheine no fun

IdratherbeclimbingM9
26-Sep-2011
7:53:16 PM
On 26/09/2011 cruze wrote:
>On 26/09/2011 davidn wrote:
>>Fun fact: too much codeine turns your skin yellow.
>>
>>Probably true for many drugs I suspect.

>morpheine no fun

... You don't need drugs to go yellow / jaundiced.
~> Good old hepatitis will do it to you, along with a number of other diseases as well, I expect.
dmnz
27-Sep-2011
11:29:50 PM
On 26/09/2011 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Please send scripts. Menicus in knee is playing up again. My tretment involves
>longneckeck wobbling home, a middy of vodka and 4 of those little white
>pills. And then I am walking in the land of jolly green giants

funny that,,, drop knees and frogs are really bad positions for the knee...great for climbing but crap for knees

StuckNut
30-Nov-2011
11:28:10 AM
So hows your ankle going David?

I've just managed to stuff mine up nicely over the weekend. Currently waiting for an appointment with orthopedic surgeon in the next couple of weeks for a better idea of the extent of the damage and how to proceed. But physio seams to think I've got complete separation of the ligaments, no apparent fractures from the x-rays thankfully.

Has anyone had surgery to repair ankle ligaments - what was the recovery time like?

shortman
30-Nov-2011
1:28:47 PM
On 30/11/2011 davidn wrote:
>Interestingly.
>
>What I thought was a dislocation was actually the bone separating (cleft
>cleanly in two) and one side popping out sideways, then back into place
>a few seconds later. My ortho and I only realised this just recently.
>
>I no longer have any pesky ankle cartilage. I plan my climbing now in
>terms of not walking any further than I have to, because more walking =
>less climbing and more days repair afterwards.
>
>I also had no apparent fractures from the x-rays... So one thing I can
>say from experience is that if they take an x-ray straight away, the swelling
>may occlude the imaging and give a false impression - and/or for some fractures,
>x-ray doesn't necessarily pick them up very well, talus apparently being
>one.
>
>What happened to bust your ankle?

He came bouldering with me.
kieranl
30-Nov-2011
1:42:09 PM
On 30/11/2011 shortman wrote:
>On 30/11/2011 davidn wrote:
>>
>>What happened to bust your ankle?
>
>He came bouldering with me.
Dan, I didn't quite understand on Sunday but were you bouldering in the evening or was it actually nighttime when it happened? (ps Thanks to you and John for the climbing that morning)

shortman
30-Nov-2011
1:45:05 PM
It was early evening. It was the foot that landed on the mat. The one that landed half on was fine?!?
Thanku for the climb!

StuckNut
30-Nov-2011
2:04:36 PM
Yeah I let Dan talk me into some of that un-roped stuff they call bouldering.

Dropped from a reasonable height, cant remember the exact details of the impact, just the loud snap/pop sound when I hit. I can weight it ok without too much pain, which I'm hoping means that a bone break is unlikely? But everyone has said I would probably have been better off breaking it!

mattjr
30-Nov-2011
2:27:56 PM
In my experience its worth the few hundred dollars to have it scanned and sorted out properly from the get go.

StuckNut
30-Nov-2011
3:03:29 PM
The GP I went to originally had me thinking it wasn't a big deal. He referred me to a physio. The physio looked at it and seams to think its a lot worse than the GP let on. According to her it should have hurt a hell a lot more than I made out it did, which is a bad thing as it means the damage was bad enough to sever some of the nerves as well.

She has started treatment to reduce the swelling but has suggested I make an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to properly investigate. Its a couple of week wait for an appointment with the surgeon so I'm in limbo at the moment. Thank f@ck I have private health!

shortman
30-Nov-2011
5:34:28 PM
The mat is about a year old, it's not the worlds greatest mat though.

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 71
There are 71 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints