Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All SA (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Looking for good Moonarie photos
jgoding
14-Jun-2017
7:41:41 AM
Hi,

I am assisting Rob Baker to write a new climbing guide to Moonarie (SA) and am on the hunt for good climbing photos, as well as some atmospheric shots (nice sunrise / sunset, general panorama, camping etc) for use in the guidebook.

If anyone has anything good they are happy to contribute could they please email some medium / low res versions to start with at josef.goding@gmail.com (I can setup a google drive or dropbox folder to get me high res versions if need be). Could you please include the climb name, climber's name and photographer's name so we can correctly credit any images that are used.

If you are a professional photographer we can offer a small ad to say thank you for your contribution. We can't offer any financial compensation however.

Also - if you have established a new route or have feedback on any routes now is a good time to get in touch with Rob and I so this can be considered with the new edition!

Thanks in advance!

Joe & Rob

ado_m
18-Jun-2017
2:45:07 PM
Hi Joe

Bones (Tony) and I have some great shots from Moonarie when we visited there, gee, some 7 or 8 years ago. I have them saved somewhere in hi resolution - there are some crackers on eg down wind of angels, plus others on the great wall which we took of some other guys from hanging belays climbing the 23-25 type range. I can dig them out and mail you a USB or upload them all somewhere if you want, you can sort through what you want and use whatever you like......(provided you put that great shot of me climbing pot of gold in your best of victoria guidebook :)))))

Ado
0403 324 366
jgoding
19-Jun-2017
12:56:51 PM
Hi Ado,

Fantastic, thanks - we'd love to see them. Whatever's easiest for you mate. I can arrange a shared Google Drive folder and you can upload them to there (up to about 50gig) or meet you at North Walls Wednesday?

I'm just about to do an update to the Dreamtime guide so perhaps that will do? I don't think we'll be doing an update on Sublime Climbs for a while. You are such a rock god I'm sure the Kachoong photo won't be nearly as good! :-)

Oh and a big thanks to everyone else who has been in touch and kindly provided lots of great photos for the guide. They make a massive difference and we greatlly appreciate people sharing.

If anyone is still yet to get in contact please do!

Joe & Rob

ado_m
20-Jun-2017
6:30:53 PM
Great stuff Joe

Moonarie - I've dug out the photos - and they are not as promising as I hoped - but I'll upload a bunch of them. Just send me the link to the google docs drive to adrian.murray@sodexo.com and I'll put them up on the weekend. You might get a couple out of it, even if it is only me and Bones being dirt bags.

Sublime Climbs - you would have sold more copies with me in it, your loss. There is a couple of great shots you took of me and Moses at Dreamtime, far better than the shots of Richard Ham who looks like he has been in a tanning salon prior to ascent.
gfdonc
20-Jun-2017
9:14:58 PM
On 20/06/2017 ado_m wrote:
> There is a couple of great shots you took of me and Moses at Dreamtime,

Naah Ado you must be getting mixed up with the shots I took of you that trip.

.. end thread hijack ..

dalai
21-Jun-2017
9:30:43 AM
Can't believe shots of the choss at Dreamtime has been posted in the Moonarie thread!

ado_m
21-Jun-2017
11:42:59 AM
i look like I'm about to cry even though i'm on top rope!! I must have known the future that awaited me.....
gfdonc
21-Jun-2017
12:57:24 PM
On 21/06/2017 dalai wrote:
>Can't believe shots of the choss at Dreamtime has been posted in the Moonarie
>thread!

Never be too relaxed at any cliff with a scree slope at the base ...
Jayford4321
22-Jun-2017
9:08:44 PM
On 21/06/2017 dalai wrote:
>Can't believe shots of the choss at Dreamtime has been posted in the Moonarie thread!

Yeh , nexthing simz or ed will make appearence, tho Jgrollo iznt lookin 4 pics of goatfestys calibr (glovz optunal) an tha like.
jgoding
28-Jun-2017
3:56:15 PM
Nice shots (and what an amazing crag may I add :-) Stevo.

Just a reminder if you have (or know anyone who might) any good climbing or atmospheric shots now would be a great time to get in touch and send them through as we're working on the new Moonari guide.

A big thank you to all those of you who have got in touch and send through some great photos.

Hopefully we can bump this thread back on track - i.e. MOONARIE!!!

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints