HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Cover Photo of Araps 3rd edition

Pat B
7-Dec-2015
3:06:39 PM
What is it? Looks like it's at the right hand end of Kitten Wall?

ajfclark
7-Dec-2015
4:32:01 PM
Dave_S
7-Dec-2015
5:17:05 PM
Fall Out/Let's Face It on Tiger Wall?
kieranl
7-Dec-2015
6:12:23 PM
It's roof on "Out Of The Blue" 24, Tiger Wall

Pat B
9-Dec-2015
11:51:00 AM
Is that the first or second roof? Looks like the first one, but also looks to high to be that one??
kieranl
9-Dec-2015
12:31:47 PM
It's the first roof, at the point where you're trying to get the right body position to be able to reach to place a good cam in the roof crack because the nest of stuff you've got in slightly dodgy rock doesn't inspire confidence.

ajfclark
10-Dec-2015
7:34:12 AM
Thanks for blowing my onsight Kieran...
kieranl
10-Dec-2015
8:39:29 AM
I thought the cover of the guide had already done that.
(removed)
10-Dec-2015
12:51:21 PM
Does it bother anyone else that that the Grampians are tilted at about 10 degrees ?

Eduardo Slabofvic
10-Dec-2015
2:53:24 PM
Thanks for resisting the urge to put Kachoong on the front cover. I couldn't stand to see another Araps guide with a roof climb photo for a front cover

IdratherbeclimbingM9
10-Dec-2015
3:04:45 PM
On 9/12/2015 kieranl wrote:
>It's the first roof, at the point where you're trying to get the right
>body position to be able to reach to place a good cam in the roof crack
>because the nest of stuff you've got in slightly dodgy rock doesn't inspire
>confidence.

On 10/12/2015 ajfclark wrote:
>Thanks for blowing my onsight Kieran...

& kieranl replied;
>I thought the cover of the guide had already done that.

An interesting conversation.
I strongly suspect that the reality of situation (once arrived there), negates any online beta discussion ;-)
From my perusal of the photo it appears that there is an abundance of protection opportunities other than that which was chosen by that leader.

My minimal experience with Arapiles is that for the most part the rock is hard as / bullet proof, even so, there is nothing stopping the tactic of climber leading out, placing pro, down-climb to start ledge, regroup, lead out again place further pro, etc, till going for it...

If the second isn't a strong follower, then it might prove a bugga to clean...

The good Dr
10-Dec-2015
5:37:56 PM
On 10/12/2015 FatBoy wrote:
>Does it bother anyone else that that the Grampians are tilted at about
>10 degrees ?

I thought Taipan was a bit steeper than that, and don't get me on to Millenium!

gordoste
14-Dec-2015
5:00:26 PM
On 10/12/2015 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>Thanks for resisting the urge to put Kachoong on the front cover. I couldn't
>stand to see another Araps guide with a roof climb photo for a front cover

LOL

There are 13 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints