HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians Northern Mt Stapylton Campground (General) [ Mt Stapylton Campground Guide | Images ] 

Author
Ravine road open again?
Rocafella
15-Dec-2011
11:56:34 AM
Just a quick question - is the Ravine road back open? I thought Parks gated it off?

I saw the CoC blog about being bogged on that road and that was in September - is my summer of route climbing looking a whole lot better? Please tell me its true!!

PS just logged back on here for first time in ages.. 28052 new posts, and 1 PM.. Thanks for the happy b'day M9!
Wendy
15-Dec-2011
12:08:54 PM
I think the gate's open but the road impassable. You might shave 20 minutes off the walk by driving down to the worst of it. How short is your summer of climbing that the Ravine road is somehow crucial to it???? There's less than 20 routes there!
pecheur
15-Dec-2011
12:09:54 PM
I was there last weekend of Nov, the gate was closed and there's no way you could drive that path anyway. It's subsided by nearly a metre in places for almost the width of the path.
Rocafella
15-Dec-2011
12:19:48 PM
On 15/12/2011 Wendy wrote:
>I think the gate's open but the road impassable. You might shave 20 minutes
>off the walk by driving down to the worst of it. How short is your summer
>of climbing that the Ravine road is somehow crucial to it???? There's
>less than 20 routes there!

Yes, but 20 more routes than I normally climb as a boulderer lol... And its awesome when its hot... I loved it when it first opened, then quickly became a 'too much effort' for the routes VS walk in...
pharmamatt
15-Dec-2011
1:22:44 PM
I can also confirmed that the gate was closed when we went in late oct. and there is some significant washouts that would make it virtually impossible to get to the old car park even if the gate was open.

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints