Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 5 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 89
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC All (General) (General) (General) [ Victoria Guide | Images ] 

Author
Latest Road and Track reports for Grampians.

Vwills
19-Oct-2016
7:52:09 PM
Attempted to get Into Lost World today, driving in via Billywing Rd. There is a road closed sign at its junction with Red Rocks Rd. I don't know if you can get in from the north. We had wasted enough time to get there after a scenic but long trip around the Black Range, but looks like Eau Rouge and Archimedes principle will be waiting for another year.
dan_b
26-Jun-2018
12:31:40 PM
Hi all,
A little bit OT, but could someone kindly tell me if the Mt Difficult Rd is sealed the entire way? Ie out past Boroka look out and back around Wartook Reservoir? Looking at most recent Parks update I believe it is but hoping someone could confirm.
Cheers,
Dan
kieranl
26-Jun-2018
3:20:43 PM
On 26-Jun-2018 dan_b wrote:
>Hi all,
>A little bit OT, but could someone kindly tell me if the Mt Difficult
>Rd is sealed the entire way? Ie out past Boroka look out and back around
>Wartook Reservoir? Looking at most recent Parks update I believe it is
>but hoping someone could confirm.
>Cheers,
>Dan

Very surprised if it is. Just had a look at the latest road report (from 8th June) and it doesn't say that Mt Difficult Road Boroka Lookout - Lake Wartook is bitumen. So, still gravel after Boroka Lookout but 2WD and OK.

Wouldn't have thought this road would be high on the list for sealing if Parks had the money, which I'm sure they don't.
dan_b
26-Jun-2018
7:44:55 PM
Thanks Kieran,
If Parks did have the money, I'm not sure its paved roads I'd want them to spend it on anyway.
Cheers,
Dan
gfdonc
27-Jun-2018
7:11:14 AM
On 26-Jun-2018 dan_b wrote:
>If Parks did have the money, I'm not sure its paved roads I'd want them
>to spend it on anyway.
Agree.

I must confess I've never driven that road. It was on my list (to check out forgotten crags such as the Tim Tams) but hasn't been a priority.
A look on Google Maps, though, and it does look like it's sealed to the car park/lookout.
gfdonc
29-Jun-2018
1:07:30 PM
I have it confirmed directly, the road is sealed all the way to the Boroka Lookout car park.
Access T CliffCare
12-Jul-2018
8:15:07 PM
A note to those intending to head to the Mt Stapylton area this weekend. Access via the carpark won't be possible.
See below for info from PV. Also road and track report in. https://cliffcare.org.au/grampians/
Due to a lot of rain, some roads might require 4wd.

Temporary Closure of Mt Zero Carpark including access to Mt Staplyton and Mt Zero walking tracks - Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th July 2018

There will be contractors undertaking significant drainage repair works to the Mt Zero Carpark this weekend. For visitor safety the carpark will be closed and there will be no access to walking tracks and climbing sites to Mt Staplyton (from Mt Zero carpark). Hollow Mountain walking track and Gulgurn Manja are open for visitors to enjoy.
gfdonc
12-Jul-2018
9:42:58 PM
Hi Tracey,
Are you able to get any more info on the works on Rosea Track/Moora Track?
The report says "contractors grading". I'm hoping we can get access restored for Tower Hill, Eastern Wall, Rosea Creek and numerous other cliffs in time for summer.
regards
Access T CliffCare
17-Jul-2018
7:53:04 PM
On 12-Jul-2018 gfdonc wrote:
>Hi Tracey,
>Are you able to get any more info on the works on Rosea Track/Moora Track?
>The report says "contractors grading". I'm hoping we can get access restored
>for Tower Hill, Eastern Wall, Rosea Creek and numerous other cliffs in
>time for summer.
>regards

Hi Steve,

I shall add it to my topics to discuss.

Cheers!

Page 5 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 89
There are 89 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints