Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

DMM: DMM "Bug". (Anodised Grey) Great all-rounder with exceptional friction. IMO)- NB NEW lighter model with scalloped sides. Not as pictured. NB Only 3 left!  $25.00
22% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

 Page 6 of 9. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 177
Author
Caldwell and Jorgeson Dawn Wall El Cap Project

Gnaguts
15-Jan-2015
1:24:41 PM
On 15/01/2015 ambyeok wrote:
>Do you reckon there's trout in that river?

timtom told me it is an atlantic salmon spawning ground.
Still, they are good eating. If you doubt him, then just ask the bears.
peteclimbs
15-Jan-2015
1:28:58 PM
Yup there are trout. We spied a few when we were there in October. The water levels were very low at that time of year so they were hanging out in the deep pools.
gnarly_rider
15-Jan-2015
1:55:39 PM
"Curious that they were wearing helmets for the final push. Perhaps concerns that the number of people milling around on the exit slabs might kick stuff off? "


Or have a telephoto lense/microphone/smartphone/social media device dropped on them??

Gnaguts
15-Jan-2015
2:07:57 PM
On 15/01/2015 gnarly_rider wrote:
>"Curious that they were wearing helmets for the final push. Perhaps concerns
>that the number of people milling around on the exit slabs might kick stuff
>off? "
>
>
>Or have a telephoto lense/microphone/smartphone/social media device dropped
>on them??
Or a SAFEty device of some kind.

Oy, where did tha post go about salmon being inedible while spawning an better to eat the bears?
Cliff?? Are you some kind of web troll or something?

hangdog
15-Jan-2015
2:13:19 PM
On 15/01/2015 gnarly_rider wrote:
>"Curious that they were wearing helmets for the final push. Perhaps concerns
>that the number of people milling around on the exit slabs might kick stuff
>off? "

You can get more sponsors logos on a helmet. :P

ajfclark
15-Jan-2015
2:39:23 PM

Imaclawfan
15-Jan-2015
2:40:00 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!

: D

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/15/sports/el-capitans-dawn-wall-climbers-reach-top.html

IdratherbeclimbingM9
15-Jan-2015
2:58:45 PM
I wonder if Rock & Ice will produce a special edition, devoted solely to this ascent?

Eduardo Slabofvic
15-Jan-2015
3:10:39 PM
On 15/01/2015 ajfclark wrote:
>
>US climbers set to be first to scale Yosemite National Park's 900-metre
>El Capitan rock face without tools
>

There must be a lot of tools climbing in the Valley for this to be news worthy

Imaclawfan
15-Jan-2015
3:32:31 PM
From urban dictionary :

'...a tool :

an offensive comment, mainly aimed towards the male of the species, when one is being particularly nasty, stupid, or facetious...'




Eduardo .... *U* are a tool ...





Imaclawfan
15-Jan-2015
3:40:27 PM
Anyway ... enuf of that ... now ... this is from mr ' Tarbuster ' on Supertopo :

'... climbed Hotline with Kim Carrigan in 1980 and at that time he predicted that many of the great wall climbs in Yosemite and those of El Capitan particularly, would go free. I said to him: "even the PO?" He said yes. I was skeptical; it's happening, of course not on the PO, yet....'

Kim will have more to tell on this and other grouse things , in his book , due out sometime in 2016 ...

BY4NOW




kieranl
15-Jan-2015
4:14:59 PM
I thought Imaclawfan had signed off for the last time some time back. Must have been seeing things.

Eduardo Slabofvic
15-Jan-2015
4:54:55 PM
On 15/01/2015 Imaclawfan wrote:
>From urban dictionary :
>
> '...a tool :
>
>an offensive comment, mainly aimed towards the male of the species, when
>one is being particularly nasty, stupid, or facetious...'
>
>
>
>
>Eduardo .... *U* are a tool ...
>

That reads like an insult directed specifically at me. Pretty poor form, Imasskisser.

gordoste
15-Jan-2015
9:18:20 PM
On 15/01/2015 Imaclawfan wrote:
>
>YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!
>
>: D
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/15/sports/el-capitans-dawn-wall-climbers-reach-top.html

That article's actually pretty damn good. Well done NY Times!
Wendy
16-Jan-2015
9:14:27 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/two-idiots-climb-big-thing-for-some-stupid-reason-2015011594457
martym
16-Jan-2015
9:44:00 AM
On 16/01/2015 Wendy wrote:
>http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/two-idiots-climb-big-thing-for-some-stupid-reason-2015011594457

Funny title, not so funny article. Not just because I hate the nastiness on the internet - but when you consider things like the Onion - this is just hurling abuse for no real reason... just because they can.

ambyeok
16-Jan-2015
1:00:56 PM
People, can we please STICK TO THE FISHING!

ambyeok
16-Jan-2015
1:09:53 PM
This has got some really interesting attention in the media, some of it really quite bizarre. ABC News had three items in relation to it that I saw, the one posted above about non-tools climbing, then a video about it which was 95% showing them jugging and hauling, then my favourite an opinion piece by some moron who admits she knows nothing about what she is writing but then goes on to profess a worthless opinion http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-15/rosewarne-el-capitan-el-presidente-and-el-testosterone/6019324

Imaclawfan
16-Jan-2015
4:20:04 PM
>>>Two idiots climb big thing for some stupid reason...


>>>When Harding reached the top of the Dawn Wall in 1970, he was asked why he had done it and said, “Because we’re insane!”


http://www.yosemiteclimbing.org/content/new-acquisition-warren-harding-photos



tnd
16-Jan-2015
4:49:42 PM
On 16/01/2015 ambyeok wrote:
>This has got some really interesting attention in the media, some of it
>really quite bizarre. ABC News had three items in relation to it that I
>saw, the one posted above about non-tools climbing, then a video about
>it which was 95% showing them jugging and hauling, then my favourite an
>opinion piece by some moron who admits she knows nothing about what she
>is writing but then goes on to profess a worthless opinion http://www.
>bc.net.au/news/2015-01-15/rosewarne-el-capitan-el-presidente-and-el-testosterone/6019324 >>
>
I thought her opinion was spot on. Why should anyone who isn't into climbing give a fcuk?

 Page 6 of 9. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 177
There are 177 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints