whos the top ozy climber

mousey
14-Oct-2004
4:45:31 PM
hey i was born in the 80's!!
Chester
14-Oct-2004
5:07:38 PM
Perhaps Mighty Mouse, you are the top Aussie climber and go by the alias of Philip Price. You get my official vote. That's one vote MM, currently putting you in the top seat.

mousey
14-Oct-2004
7:22:11 PM
am i allowedto vote for myself? if not ill claim im too young to vote, andthen magically come across a sack of uncounted votes somewhere in california with barry on them as #1.
barry is the rumoured orphaned dirtbag climberwho resulted from a scandalous drunken newyears orgy involving dave jones, giles, webb, ewbank (who was dressed up like HEX), and HB, with a special guest appearances from fred rouhling and dean potter (who showed up together sporting matching akubras and, in their best aussie accents, singing;
'iiiiiiiiiiiddd....
love ta have a beer with josh.....'

mousey
14-Oct-2004
7:23:15 PM
shit i just readwhat i just postedand came tothconclusion that ive been studying for far tooo long
SteveH
15-Oct-2004
2:48:52 PM
Hehehehe I bouldered with Philip Price this morning ;)

mousey
15-Oct-2004
4:11:39 PM
that screws up my theory, i havent been bouldering in a couple weeks!
anyway pick up on where thetopic was goin before, i forget weho it was but someone said something about comps and bouldering....does anyone know rob danastasis? i watched him boulder a while ago in a comp against webb, marc, alan p, steve gardner and kassay and he absolutely kicked arse. from memory he might be a yank though..
giovannis got a very cool style as well
>Phil Sage – Kiwi
sorry i actually meant staples, or which ever one is the guy with long hair running the show up a NBRH??
i also agree that zac is right up there, i have a lot of respect for his consistency.

LittleJames
15-Oct-2004
4:25:47 PM
Re: Rob Danastasis, if he's who I think he is, I ran into him at the Animal Park a month or two back. He might be a awesome climber, but he's got a proportional ego - which is a nice way of saying he came across as a total arsehole who gave American tourists a bad name.
deadpoint
15-Oct-2004
7:10:23 PM
That would be 'The Man', You could hear him walking down the descent gully at Thomos, he was on Narcosis at the time. Loud, Obnoxious, climbs well though!!!

mousey
15-Oct-2004
7:36:41 PM
ahhh was that the one that went down to the awesome fury of joe o?
Chester
17-Oct-2004
6:37:36 PM
To quote Rob himself (all hearsay though)... after attempting Attack Mode... Nuff said

"I am Mr Nowra, Mr F$%^ing Nowra."
deadpoint
18-Oct-2004
10:15:42 AM
No hearsay, those were the words I heard.

LittleJames
18-Oct-2004
11:23:59 AM
Gav, do you know if he actually got up the Mode? Or did he just spray about it?

And what's this about Joe? Did Mr. Nowra cop a hiding? :)
Chester
18-Oct-2004
2:36:28 PM
Hey James, long time no see, yeah I believe he did send it in the end. He's obviously a strong climber but as you said, an ego to match!! Not like our Philip Price!!
BoaredOfTheRings
19-Oct-2004
12:09:17 AM
The thing I find so amusing about this thread is that the people that you say are such outstanding climbers cant actualy put runners in on lead if the grade is above 20 (most around 14-16). Funny what some people think are good climbers.

Breezy
19-Oct-2004
9:06:03 AM
And if we took the cliffs away no one could climb.
If we took cams and nuts away death climbs would be the norm.

And just remember the certain climber in Aust who onsights 32 (yes there is only one)
also grew up plugging cams and has onsighted 27/28 on gear, and he is not alone. Many of todays "hard" sport climbers grew up plugging cams etc and many still do.

Pretty lame attempt at having a dig at sport climbing imo.

climbau
19-Oct-2004
9:40:19 AM
On 19/10/2004 Breezy wrote:
>Pretty lame attempt at having a dig at sport climbing imo.
just part of the great ozzie tradition of cutting down those who succeed.

rodw
19-Oct-2004
10:05:23 AM
A lot of hard trad climbs are done with pre placed gear anyway, thats sport by proxy in my opinion.

Also I think you will find that sport climbing has lead the way in establishing hard routes, showing what people are capable of, opening the eyes of many a hard trad climber to possibilities that previously they thought were not possible.

Both are types of climbing, the same as aid and bouldering....and all types should be respected for what they are.

Personally I think the "top" ozy climber would be someone that gives alot to the sport, not neccessarliy ticking the highest grade (trad or sport)....but really leave any comparisons of who's better for poeple entering comps, no place for it outdoors, its meant to be fun not a competition.

Breezy
19-Oct-2004
10:47:19 AM
- What do you mean 'by proxy'? It's sport climbing. Period -

No its not, pre placed cams / nuts can pull a lot easier than a glued in ring bolt hence the fact that pre placed gear is not as safe as ring bolts, thus not sport climbing ie your still shitting yourself its just the nuggets are smaller :0

rodw
19-Oct-2004
12:20:40 PM
Dont know to many people that place preplaced stuff thats not bomber???

So if its a mental thing, a sport route with a run out that will cause a grounder if ya fall (there are some out there) is technically a trad route??? dont think so.
dalai
19-Oct-2004
12:21:43 PM
That's not a trad route rod, that's just stupid bolting!

Page 3 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 83
There are 83 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints