9:27:56 AM

superstu
15-Feb-2016
10:53:37 PM
bump - diamond bay this weekend

Superstu
17-Feb-2016
7:06:56 AM
If anybody is keen to tackle the prickly pear in Rosa Gully, let me know and I'll organise some PPE. I suggest not to attempt to control these without instruction.first. Or suffer a fate deserving only to those who trad climb in Tasmania on preclipped gear.

Climbing afterwards if conditions suit, otherwise swimming at a nearby beach and an exploratory walk along the ledge of epicness.

(Autocorrect just tried to replace 'epicness' with 'epic mess'......hmmmmmmm)

Superstu
21-Apr-2016
1:44:25 PM
Barrenjoey crag care this Sunday 8th May. Explore around the headland, kill noxious weeds, make new friends, drink gallons of glycophosphate, swim with dolphins, go climbing in the afternoon. Everybody welcome. Details on the flyer above. Email bitoubash@gmail.com to let us know you are coming so we can organise free parking permits.

Recent photos from a trip to Long Island and the last Diamond Bay gig ... Link
widewetandslippery
21-Apr-2016
5:15:37 PM
On 17/02/2016 Superstu wrote:
>If anybody is keen to tackle the prickly pear in Rosa Gully, let me know
>and I'll organise some PPE. I suggest not to attempt to control these without
>instruction.first. Or suffer a fate deserving only to those who trad climb
>in Tasmania on preclipped gear.
>
>
>Climbing afterwards if conditions suit, otherwise swimming at a nearby
>beach and an exploratory walk along the ledge of epicness.
>
>(Autocorrect just tried to replace 'epicness' with 'epic mess'......hmmmmmmm)

Stu, out of interest did you guys make it to south head? I got close to the gap once and bailed, tide came in, swell picked up, thought i was going to drown on swims etc. Do you know of any good history links re the remnant rampant via ferratas?

good work you do at barrenjoey, long time since i, ve been there
>

superstu
27-Oct-2016
7:40:57 AM

Barrenjoey Cragcare is this 5-6 November.

This weekend is a "sleep over" in the lighthouse. Do some enviro work on the Saturday, then go swimming or climbing in the arvo, then head up to the lighthouse for BBQ dinner, climb the lighthouse tower (shadow puppets over Palm Beach yay!!!) and check out the museum. Sleep on the floors or verandah of the old watchman's house - now nicely renovated thanks !! Normally the tower and buildings are off limits to the public, so a unique opportunity to explore everything and watch the sun rise from BJ.
Sunday more enviro work then more swimming and climbing then go home. Everybody welcome.

Please RSVP if you are coming. If you can't make the whole weekend, come for a day. Please try to carpool as we have a limited number of car passes.

Meet at Barrenjoey carpark at 8:30am on the Saturday. Wear long sleeve shirt, long pants, sturdy shoes, sunscreen & hat. BYO lunches, dinner and water. Water in the lighthouse is not potable. Morning tea provided. One group will probably circumnavigate the headland, and another will work the old climbing area beneath the lighthouse on the Palm Beach side.

Contact Enmoore at bitoubash@gmail.com

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints