1:59:01 PM
On 30/07/2014 peteclimbs wrote:
>Not a huge surprise if it has gone under. We stopped by there a few months
>ago and it was ridiculously expensive to climb, even for very young kids
>(we had some family in tow). I appreciate there must be challenges balancing
>cash flow at most gyms, particular one in a regional area, but the solution
>is not simply to put your fees through the roof. Shame if it has closed
>though.

What a pity it's closed, I know there was some keen young local climbers who'll be really disappointed. I found the owner a nice guy, and the prices more than reasonable. We rang up late on a Saturday afternoon. Although he was about to close he said he'd stay open for as long as we wanted, which he did. If he is shutting up shop maybe the keen locals could look at buying some of his panels and holds and starting a co-op, maybe that's the model that works for Albury
Steve M
30-Jul-2014
10:50:43 PM
Yes it was expensive, there was very different attitudes among the two owners. Thought it was heading in a better direction over the last few months but they were coming from a low base. Plenty of local schools interested for the right price. Big blow for local climbers.
peteclimbs
31-Jul-2014
8:46:10 AM
When we were there I chatted to the owner I think (or one of them?), an American chap, nice guy.

As for the pricing, not sure where you're used to climbing Hipster but $25 for an adult and, worse still, $20 for a child PLUS $10 for an adult to belay. Crazy stuff, particularly when any parent will tell you the young kids don't climb for that long.

skegly
31-Jul-2014
1:51:58 PM
Yeah bummer. I am going up to Albury this weekend. A while back I was trying to get my brother in law along with his 3 kids, I told him the price and he said no way. Guess I'll have to introduce them to real rock.
Hipster
31-Jul-2014
2:33:40 PM
You're right, that is expensive. Now that I think back I remember him giving me a discount as we arrived late and he probably didn't think we'd last long climbing.

gordoste
3-Aug-2014
10:25:23 PM
Rumour of their demise is greatly exaggerated. Still well and truly open I can assure you having been there yesterday.

All it takes is for someone to speculate and you're already eulogising!

Duang Daunk
4-Aug-2014
6:15:52 PM
On 3/08/2014 gordoste wrote:
>All it takes is for someone to speculate and you're already eulogising!

Gym climbing and eulogising, really, what's the difference?
Steve M
4-Aug-2014
10:11:12 PM
Great news. I have been there on twice over three weeks with it closed during normal hours and have tried to call but the number is disconnected. I'll try again this week.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
There are 28 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints