Ridiculous fear of your own bolts?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
28-Jul-2011
9:15:55 PM
On 28/07/2011 Hawkman wrote:
>I was cured of this fear after a 12m whipper on a 15m route onto 1 hr old
>glue. When I was falling I though i was in strife but since that bolt held
>ive been cured.

... though your undies have never been the same since?
;-)

Pat
28-Jul-2011
9:46:40 PM
Nor those of the belayer?

HM33
28-Jul-2011
10:23:35 PM
Yeah quite terrifying. He ended up above me and had to go up the proj to get the draws off for me

pmonks
28-Jul-2011
11:23:44 PM
On 28/07/2011 Hawkman wrote:
>I was cured of this fear after a 12m whipper on a 15m route onto 1 hr old
>glue. When I was falling I though i was in strife but since that bolt held
>ive been cured.

I guess the glue was cured too?

rodw
30-Jul-2011
9:59:09 AM
On 28/07/2011 Dr Nick wrote:

>Got the 16 and 18, though the 16 needs at least one more bolt for it to
>be a comfortable lead for grade 16-ish climbers. And a crap load of traffic
>to clear the rest of the lichen, but that'll happen with time.

Nice work, btw you still got em as projects on ACA guide....also we will be at FdF walls on sunday usual time if ya keen.

macciza
30-Jul-2011
8:58:12 PM
My fear of my own bolts sometimes leads me to climb the routes on marginal gear instead . . . Why bother to put them in? Go figure . .

benjenga
4-Aug-2011
5:44:16 PM
I am glad that I am not the only scared pants out there. There is always that thought in the back of your mind that something could go wrong. I think when other people start climbing on your routes that fear goes away.
I have trusted so very poor looking bolts.

sliamese
8-Aug-2011
9:41:03 AM
i get a more irrational fear that the bolt will fail on someone else after i've been lobbing away on them.

but then i remember its pretty hard to put bad bolts in if using proper bolts (ie not carrots!!)
j.l.d
8-Aug-2011
10:33:45 PM
hey simon, when you get a chance update your blog. I really want to hear about your shipton spire trip.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
There are 29 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints