Yes - but only by Personal Message function 1
2% 
No 10
17% 
Yes - only if sponsorship is disclosed in reply 20
34% 

Topic Date User
Advertising or Information? 14-Jul-2005 At 9:57:19 AM Mike
>... but every other mentioned retailer gets about 5 words..

That is because only one other retailer has sent me some text to use, which I was happy to put next to the link (without charge). Like I said before, they need only ask. If someone else wants to take over the maintenance of the links list, feel free to email me. I haven't updated it much in years and it could probably do with an overhaul from someone with enough time to visit all the sites and add new ones.

Chockstone has one sponsor. I've had a few offers for more from companies that wouldn't conflict in each others interests, but as I stated years ago when this thing was started, I'd rather not have any ads at all. If I really wanted too I could plaster ads all over every page of the site and probably make, like, $300 a year out of it. Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather have the pages I wrote uncluttered. RH, pays my work (Bendigo IT) a site hosting fee per month. I've been covering the domain name registration fees out of my own pocket. And of course, my time is freely given.

I personally hate SPAM with a passion, but can see where people are coming from with their comments about wanting unbaised opinions. I'm just glad Neil is handling the sorting out of the choss from the jugs in that regard and not me.

There are 74 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints