Yes - only if sponsorship is disclosed in reply 20
34% 

Topic Date User
Advertising or Information? 13-Jul-2005 At 5:16:35 PM Mike
>Bottom line, as long as it’s on topic, each of us should be able to say
>anything we like on Chockstone.

See:
http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Help&Topic=SPAM

Even in the years before Chockstone had a sponser I was deleting all the retail SPAM posts, and there was quite a bit of it, a lot of it from overseas. I get hundreds of SPAM emails in my in box every day. Fortunately our mail server deletes 99% of it. Here on chockstone it requires a mod to hit the kill button, but the theory is no different.

This is a moderated site. It tells you such when you register. Advertising your wares here in order to profit from the work of Chockstone authors and contributors is unacceptable. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

I'm not saying you can't rave about products you've used, and paint the forum with links to manufacturers websites, provided someone asks a specific question, then it's not unsolicited. The grey areas is mentioning retailers. I've already stated why, and anyone capable of understanding the concept of advertising will get it.

It's a bit like "bolts next to trad placements". Sure there are always exceptions, but people understand rules like "never" a lot easier than "yeah, but maybe...".

I say zero SPAM. Then there is no grey area. If that means your freedom of speech is impacted, then so be it. You're also not allowed to launch personal attacks on other members. Do you feel that threatens your freedom as well? If so you are free to not use Chockstone at all.

Here are examples of SPAM that should be deleted without pause:

1. Come and visit www.myproductsarebest.com.au for the cheapest prices
2. Where can I get this odd piece of protection?
Reply: Well if you visit www.myproductsarebest.com.au we have them on special.

Here is an acceptable message:
1. Anybody used this odd piece of protection?
Reply: Yeah, its great. Made by XYZ.
2. Where can I get this odd piece of protection?
Reply: Try your local retailer, or if they don't have it, try the yellow pages or the retailers listed on the Links page of this site.

There are 74 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints