Users can edit/delete for 24 hours only 39
47% 
Users can edit/delete for 14 days only 4
5% 
Users can edit posts by adding extra text only 10
12% 

Topic Date User
Posts 25-May-2005 At 4:28:07 PM Phil Box
On that note Simon, rc.com has audit tracking of pretty much all mod actions. If a user is to be held accountable for their words then a mod is held to a higher account.

As I`ve said rc.com does not any longer allow a mod to alter any users posts in any way except to be able to delete the post. This ensures that a users words are definitely their own.

If we go down the track of mods being able to continue to alter a users posts then we need a system where tampering with a users post is tracked and clearly identified. Say I alter your post, I should clearly state what has been altered and why and identify myself so that everything is above board. Of course we are small enough here on chockstone and we have trustworthy enough mods that this has not been an issue. I put it to you though that it may in the future be an issue. If we can alter a users wording then in my laymans view if a defmation action were brought against the user he could use the fact that the mods can alter his wording as a defence. If we remove the ability of the mods to alter words in a post then a user must by definition be that much more accountable for standing by their words. Surely one would think that they would ponder their words before hitting the post button.

We should definitely retain the right to delete though.

There are 48 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints