Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Chockstone Feedback

Provide Feedback About This Website

Author
Trekking Area for Newbie
NatalieWitt
16-Nov-2012
4:41:05 PM
I'm planning to climb or trek here in Victoria..
Can anyone suggest a good place..?

thanks for your response on this..

much appreciated

natalie

Miguel75
16-Nov-2012
6:54:55 PM
Hi Natalie,

Welcome to Chockstone. A few suggestions for trekking; anywhere in the high country; Bogong high plains...

A few suggestions for climbing; Buffalo, Arapiles; Grampians; You Yangs; Werribee Gorge.....

A few questions; What sort of climbing you looking for; what grades; where are you located; do you have any gear; what's the square root of 274.3; do you have transportation??? ;)

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16-Nov-2012
10:11:25 PM
On 16/11/2012 NatalieWitt wrote:
>I'm planning to climb or trek here in Victoria..
>Can anyone suggest a good place..?
>
>thanks for your response on this..
>
>much appreciated
>
>natalie

On 16/11/2012 Miguel75 wrote:
>Hi Natalie,
>
>Welcome to Chockstone. A few suggestions for trekking; anywhere in the
>high country; Bogong high plains...
>
>A few suggestions for climbing; Buffalo, Arapiles; Grampians; You Yangs;
>Werribee Gorge.....
>
>A few questions; What sort of climbing you looking for; what grades; where
>are you located; do you have any gear; what's the square root of 274.3;
>do you have transportation??? ;)

You forgot to ask what do they really want, as like the other recent query on Chockstone, this poster did not wait around to engage in reply / responses with an 11 second log in period!
~> It's another 'newbie', ... possibly giving the term a bad reputation? ... though I am happy to be proven wrong!

Edit: NW info recorded for the record...
>Last posted on 16/11/2012 at 4:41:05 PM
>Last logged in 16/11/2012 at 4:41:16 PM

Miguel75
16-Nov-2012
10:33:49 PM
On 16/11/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>You forgot to ask what do they really want, as like the other recent query
>on Chockstone, this poster did not wait around to engage in reply / responses
>with an 11 second log in period!
>~> It's another 'newbie', ... possibly giving the term a bad reputation?
>... though I am happy to be proven wrong!

I reckon you're on the money M9 though I'm hoping Natalie is real, and not another spam-bot...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
17-Nov-2012
9:28:35 AM
On 16/11/2012 Miguel75 wrote:
>I reckon you're on the money M9 though I'm hoping Natalie is real, and not another spam-bot...
>
If these occurences of newbie invasion are spam-bots, what is in it for them?
Are they practicing their software refining technique to simulate more realistic interaction with people? ... If so, then I reckon ES is on the money!
Heh, heh, heh.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
30-Nov-2012
10:12:43 AM
Hmm.
Newbie NatalieWitt has since 'Last logged in 20/11/2012 at 4:47:44 PM' ...
Maybe the User ID is a real person with a real question?

On 16/11/2012 NatalieWitt wrote:
>I'm planning to climb or trek here in Victoria..
>Can anyone suggest a good place..?

~> OK, given the minimal information to refine an answer, as provided by the questioner, I will help out...

How hard a climb or trek are you looking for, and what time of year? ... as we wouldn't want to sandbag you by offering something inappropriate!
As M75 suggested; try Mt Arapiles (NW Vic), for rockclimbing, or if your climbing aspirations are more trekking style, try Mt Bogong in NE of Vic.

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints