Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Topic Date User
Wild Country Rock Recall 7th October 2013 3-Jan-2014 At 2:11:42 PM EE

Hi All,
Thanks again for your continued patience regarding the Rock Recall situation.

Hopefully you have all been receiving the status changes via the Recall Website automated system. The good news is that the end user rocks that had been received and processed here up until the 2nd December were dispatched from the main Distribution Centre on the 18th December.

I was expecting the goods to arrive last week, but due to a hold up in customs they are still undergoing processing. I have confirmed with the freight company earlier this morning about the clearance and they have advised me that the goods will be cleared by early next week and that we will, indeed, be receiving the replacement Rocks into our Warehouse by next Friday 10th January.

As soon as the Rocks arrive in our warehouse, I’ll be processing them as fast as I can and dispatching them in a first in, first out basis. I will hopefully get them out on the Friday, but it may be Monday 13th before I’m able to dispatch them.

I do apologise for the extended time in replacement gear arriving. There are a couple of key reasons that the delay has been this long though, which I’m happy to outline. I know it doesn't change the delay, but hopefully it will allow for some understanding of the pressures involved. The first reason was the pure volume of returned goods. With all of Wild Country’s internal stock plus the world wide recalled units, there were over 17,000 units affected. This left them with just about zero stock to replace end user units with (the same was true of our stock, on a smaller scale, and we currently have no units available).

The other hurdle was that they moved production of the Rocks back to their home of Tideswell in the UK, returning from the Asian production of Rocks of the last few years. Setting up a new production line took time in itself, but they also had to go through another round of certification for the goods that were now being produced in the UK (seeking a new CE mark, for example).

I again apologise for the delay and I thank you for your patience so far. I will ensure that you do get your replacement units as fast as possible.

If you do have any other questions, please feel free to contact us further, either via phone or email.

Kind Regards,
Expedition Equipment

There are 32 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints