Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Topic Date User
Comments sought on natural anchor design 27-Jul-2012 At 2:40:21 PM muki
>On 25/07/2012 muki wrote:
>>I would stick with a totally static system
>
>I wouldn't - even short slumps on a static rope can generate dangerous
>loads on your body and the anchors.

think of the shock loading a base or skydiver gets when they open their canopy, I would call this a severe shock load, but every part of the system is a static component.
and yet they suffer no injures as a result of this?
it would take a fall of 1 metre to get your "dangerous loads" so the myth of slumps onto static rope resulting in one is one I have put to the test often and found no evidence that it is in any way true, sure your dynamic is spongier on falls and thats nice cos you get to do the move you fell off again, but often when working the moves the ability to stay at the holds your falling of is an advantage, so as to be able to try another sequence, without having to climb back up to do so.

>The only potential problem with this setup is that I'm using the same
>device on each strand of the rope. I'd originally tried using a grigri
>on one of the strands, but having to stop every other move to feed rope
>through the device sucked.

due to the Gri Gri not being modified to run on the rope, It would make as much sense as putting an auto locking stitch plate on the rope!

There are 51 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints