Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Topic Date User
Wearing toes of the La Sportiva Muira 13-Jul-2005 At 11:40:24 AM Ashy
Like most climbers with less than perfect footwork I tend to wear through the toe of my climbing shoes well before any other signs of wear and have tried numerous remedies in an attempt to try and extend the life of the shoes before that all to common "sole and rand" replacement. About 6 months ago I stumbled across a Selleys product called Spred Sole which has proven to be fantastic. As the name implies its used to repair the soles of shoes. Its hardwearing, flexible, has good friction, easy to apply, cheap (approx. $15), comes in a tube, available at most hardware stores and above all else it actually works.
For climbing purposes I just spread about a millimetre of the stuff over the toe of my climbing shoe every couple of weeks or when its starts to wear off. I have also used it on climbing shoes that have already had a small hole worn through the toe and its protected them from getting worse. See www.selleys.com.au and look for Sped Sole for product details.

There are 17 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints