Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 25
Author
FOUND FOUND FOUND
Metalman
22-Jun-2005
5:35:19 PM
2 cams & 1 stitched sling found.

Looking to return to owners...

Will need to identify types & sizes of cams, color of sling, date lost, crag location, and the other people you encountered! :)

manacubus
22-Jun-2005
5:48:57 PM
Post where you found it you twit.
dave
22-Jun-2005
6:18:05 PM
ha
how are we spose'd to know if its ours that you've found

Sounds to me like you're trying to make the test to pass about as hard as the one to an Australian citizenship

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-Jun-2005
8:42:21 PM
I reckon the hoops Metalman is holding up for the original owner to jump through to claim the gear are (very) fair enough, as anyone missing this sort of gear would know where they left it.
Many would simply keep it as booty.

cheesehead
22-Jun-2005
9:24:46 PM
good call M8, and good karma metalmickey

dan
23-Jun-2005
9:59:39 PM
If I lie and say it is me will you send them to me?
dalai
24-Jun-2005
9:24:18 AM
I think you will have a hard time getting the 20 questions right dan!

PS Good Karma coming your way metalman.
dave
24-Jun-2005
9:10:17 PM
Dont get me wrong. Good on you metalman, not a lot of people would bother to let people come forward and reclaim their gear

i just thought it was a bit odd that you hadn't given even a few details of the find...still leaving enough unknown that no one could ever guess the rest!

steph
25-Jun-2005
2:20:20 PM
Lets all guess randomly - someone's bound to get the combo right sooner or later...
Metalman
25-Jun-2005
9:32:17 PM
Goddamn it! are u guys serious!!!? its not about GUESSING!!!! i just want to return the guy's gear - not hear your irrelevant opinions of how i went about it!!!

If someone on here actually lost the gear, they would've known exactly all the answers.

i love it how everyone thinks what they have to say is so important. How about you think about if you should, in fact, say anything at all!!!

nmonteith
27-Jun-2005
10:47:11 AM
Welcome to chockstone Metalman.
Metalman
27-Jun-2005
11:59:04 AM
lol
mockmockmock
28-Jun-2005
9:18:22 AM
Once down from his soapbox it was pointed out to Metalman that not everyone reads the stone. As has been proven on other sites as well, people might remember a group, say poms, that were climbing in 'that' area and were heading to the Blueies the next day, that would help get their gear back. What Mankybus was suggesting was it would be handy to know a little more about where they were, You Yangs for example, as opposed to Black Spur. If EVERYBODY that ever climbed was required to read the stone every day then your post would be relevant, until then cut your holier than thou thought process, I can keep mine though!

Resuming normal transmissions.

jens
28-Jun-2005
5:16:57 PM
Not sure about you guys, but I would bloody well know where I lost two cams and a sling! Not the exact location eg. behind the boulder, around the little bush next to the kangas left nut... otherwise it wouldn't be lost!
I would know if it was at araps, gramps or indoor (what would you do with cams at a gym?)

You get my drft!

alrob
28-Jun-2005
6:13:25 PM
On 28/06/2005 jens wrote:
>Not sure about you guys, but I would bloody well know where I lost two
>cams and a sling! Not the exact location eg. behind the boulder, around
>the little bush next to the kangas left nut... otherwise it wouldn't be
>lost!
>I would know if it was at araps, gramps or indoor (what would you do with
>cams at a gym?)
>
>You get my drft!

yeah, granted. but i don't empty my bag of my gear until weeks later sometimes, and i wouldn't know if i had left 2 cams and a sling on top of dec crag for example. that is, unless someone posted a topic on here titled "2 cams and a sling found on dec crag". then i would go check if my gear was all there. at the moment, i could assume that all my gear is accounted for somewhere in my bag, and the 2 cams and sling in question could be someone elses, found at any number of crags here in victoria, or even australia
mockmockmock
28-Jun-2005
9:55:10 PM
Have you ever looked in your wallet / purse to grab your credit card and not found it? I can never remember everywhere I had been. Luckily I have only had to replace it once. My point is that it may not belong to someone who actually reads here. If there was a crag name at least or near suchnsuch it might twig someone's memory who might know of have seen the owners.

Have a think folks, otherwise why bother to post even what gear was found.

I found some stuff, is it yours? contact me and tell what, where and produce a receipt with a signed stat dec witnessed by 15 people who saw you leave it there and forget to collect it and you can have it back.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
29-Jun-2005
9:11:34 AM
Mockx3
>not everyone reads the stone. As has been proven on other sites as well
True, but the extended grapevine can start from such places.

Alrob
>i don't empty my bag of my gear until weeks later sometimes
Some people are gear freaks (me included), and sort their gear last thing before leaving the cliffs, consequently I have not 'lost*' much stuff. When I have I know basically where it is, should I ever return, ... if it has not already been bootied.

(*about 3 pieces in 39 years of climbing so far ...)

..::- Chris -::..
29-Jun-2005
1:07:51 PM
Urr yeah I lost a Wild Country - Aliens, size 1,2,3 1.5 2.5 3.5 00 somewhere around the crag at Arapiles, Grampans or it might have been a local Crag maybe werribee..

The sling was defenetly either blue red black silver yellow purple colour ; )

PM me for further details, I'm really really really forgetfull ; )

I also left my salt shaker at the crag if you find it.....

Chris ; p
Metalman
3-Jul-2005
2:45:18 PM
Again, much thanks to everyone for their "important" and "helpful" opinions. Im glad that I started this thread to find out how everyone thinks lost gear should be returned. As this was my original purpose, (not, in fact, to return someone's precious gear - that would be silly!) all you have been really informative.

I will use this information you people have provided to form an opinion base for myself: If i ever encounter someone out on the rock that posts on this forum, I can automatically assume that they are a stupid, self-involved hero. And simply move on in my life. :)

Thanks eveyone!

P.S. Thanks to Chris for posting something relevant!!!
mockmockmock
3-Jul-2005
7:34:52 PM
Funny how life is a two way street..

LMAO

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 25
There are 25 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints