Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Gear In Jawbones
michaelc54
19-Oct-2011
4:21:35 PM
There are now 3 bits of gear in Speigels - 2 Hexes and a smashed cam

The hexes are retrievable with a decent piece of long steel
widewetandslippery
19-Oct-2011
4:28:35 PM
Please post a trip report and I promise no one will make fun;)

Phil Laukens
21-Oct-2011
10:53:50 AM
The cam was mine, though it wasn't smashed when we gave up on extracting it, one of the hexes had a new quick draw on it which partially compensated for the stuck cam
casper
21-Oct-2011
1:16:47 PM
We lost an old size 10 faders hex there maybe 6 months ago. Fell deep into the crack as soon as it was touched. I downclimbed to a bushy ledge and fashioned an extendable gear remover (stick) but had no luck getting it out. No draw on ours though, managed to get that off.

Phil Laukens
21-Oct-2011
5:29:42 PM
On 21/10/2011 casper wrote:
>We lost an old size 10 faders hex there maybe 6 months ago.
>

I think that was the hex that had the quick draw on it, maybe someone used the stuck hex with their own quick draw to rap off or more likely the leader put a quick draw on the hex and the second thought the whole lot stayed when he couldn't get the hex out?
anthonycuskelly
8-Nov-2012
8:19:14 AM
Only piece in there yesterday was a #10 Rock on pitch 3 that we couldn't be bothered getting out of the flexing flake.
martin_austrALia
8-Nov-2012
12:18:57 PM
I unfortunately had to leave some gear (to hexes and a quickdraw and cord) on the 27/10/12 at the first belay stance as we had to retire as my partner was having troubles with an old injury. But according to the last post it looks like those pieces have been taken!
anthonycuskelly
8-Nov-2012
12:47:06 PM
Didn't notice anything that low down (though we did link the first two pitches), but given the route I'd suspect someone's been up it in the meantime and bootied it.

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints