Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Topic Date User
Black Diamond warranty service 8-Aug-2011 At 6:33:39 AM adrian
I wouldn't normally write this kind of post, but I was so impressed with recent warranty service from BD that I felt compelled to.

Climbing a few weeks back, my partner had a gear loop (one of the old-style plastic loops) on her 4-year old BD harness fail while climbing (nut tool caught on some rock and the gear loop tore out). A heap of gear from the 60m pitch she had just cleaned went sailing into space and tried to strike down any fool not wearing a helmet on the ground below (but I digress, this isn't a post about helmets). As a result, we had a bit of an epic rapping off, collecting gear, returning to the belay and finishing the route - and unfortunately lost a #1 camalot that was never to be seen again (well, not by us).

After sending BD an email with this story, some pictures and asking if they wanted the harness back to look at, they gave me the following response within 24 hours:
- they sent me a postage label to get the harness back to them to examine
- a brand new harness out of their current womens catalogue (our choice)
- a replacement #4 camalot
- offer to order ANYTHING I needed at pro-deal rates

I thought this was quite generous given the harness was way out of warranty and they had no obligation to do anything about it.

So, hats off to BD for their great response - just goes to show that there is still some companies with good customer service out there.

Adrian

There are 4 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints