Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
product design
mesyah
28-Mar-2005
8:55:08 PM
I'm a second year industrial design student doing a research project into the rock climbing industry. I'm looking into areas which are open to new developments. Just wanted to hear from a few people on where they'd like to see improvements.
Also what items do you carry out to a climb (eg. camera, water bladder ect.) and how does that differ depending on the situation?

thanx - Ky
rightarmbad
28-Mar-2005
10:19:14 PM
For those of us with strong but inflexible feet, some shoes with a stiff edge and grippy sole that does not limit flexability.

How about a water bladder that is as wide as a pack to make fitting them in a full pack much easier.

What about a space age replacement for cable to rid us all of bent wires.

A camera bag that can withstand a lead fall.

A really ergonomic way to carry water on multipitch climbs. Insulation?

Some way of racking boltplates that can easily be replaced when seconding. Save heaps of chalk.

Field replacable soles for climbing shoes. Different compounds?

All of the above would require an engineers nightmare consideration of cost that sadarse climbers can afford.

Mike TS
11-Apr-2005
4:23:46 PM
Something that reduces the risk when abseiling? (I was thinking about this when suspended over the void yesterday)
There are a number of risks e.g. :
your harness is no longer done up
you aren't properly on the rope e.g. one strand of a doubled rope.
the rope is not attached to the abseil anchor
your abseil device is not attached properly to your harness

mousey
11-Apr-2005
6:33:28 PM
if you're good with textiles i have some design ideas for a new pack, email me if ya keen

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints