Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Topic Date User
Where can I buy seat belt webbing? 30-Jun-2009 At 7:07:35 PM rocknrich
Thanks ti! There's no stitching involved, you take a length of webbing and fold it in half and poke the bight between your legs from behind, then you bring each of the lengths of webbing around behind their respective thigh to the loop at the front, thread both ends through the loop and double them back in the direction they came from. From there you just wrap both ends around your waist a few times and tie the two ends together with a rethreaded overhand knot. You tie in in a similar way to a normal harness; behind the waist belt and through the loop at the front.

NMonteith, why should I? I mean, while I'm sure there are harnesses made for kids, at best they are going to outgrow them soon, at worst it turns out they never want to climb again. For any friends that might like to come climbing with me, I'm finding a way of providing them with harnesses when the cost of a commercial harness might put them off trying something they may not continue doing. I'm not going to go out and buy a couple new harnesses to have on hand because its not necessary. Rampant consumerism isn't the only way to do things, and can be stop people from giving something a go.

It's a bit different to making your own rope! What happened to the improvisation, DIY, problem solving aesthetic of climbing?

There are 35 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints