Hurt ma finger 4-Sep-2011 At 10:24:42 PM TheBerg
>With the recent reopening of Burnley I've gotten over-excited and done
>my A2. I took 2 weeks off and went back today, with the resulting pain
>and inflammation suggesting it needs more recovery time. Whilst the talk
>of taking 2 months off is all very well, i have a trip to the Blue Mountains
>coming up in 3 weeks. Any advice for a more rapid healing process? Should
>i be massaging the joint to aid circulation/recovery, or will this do more
>damage? How about elastic bands and silly putty or those things long-haied
>guitar players use for finger strength?

http://onlineclimbingcoach.blogspot.com/2010/05/pulley-injuries-article.html

This article is a must read for anyone suffering from a pulley injury. I've used the cold therapy (to great effect) to treat two of my own minor A2 tears. I also imagine it works just as well for the rehabilitation of ankle sprains. Depending on the severity of your injury, there's no reason you can't climb at the bluey's. You'll have to be careful with route selection, warm up slowly, stick to an open handed grip, and try not to be egged on by your buddies. I personally found climbing roofs indoor was a great way to still train hard whilst rehabilitating my pulley tears. Best of luck.

There are 30 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints