Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
Encouraging a mate to climb, then he gets injured 27-Jan-2010 At 6:23:48 PM k
I'm curious to hear from people who've talked
>someone into climbing something that lead to an epic or injury? Did you
>feel guilty about it?

I once sent a beginner friend to climb for a day with a guy who turned out to be a total liability. I started to feel bad when, at the end of the day, I asked him how he was and he replied 'well, I'm still alive.' Mr Liability hadn't climbed for five years (which he only chose to mention after the accident) and took my friend to do Brolga, fell, got concussion, and in his concussed state lowered his second off the one dodgy piece he took a lead fall on, ignoring the sound advice of people climbing next to him. My beginner friend knew this was all wrong, but didn't have the skills to do anything about it. Thankfully the dodgy piece held and, apart from the leader's concussion, both were fine.

I felt bad, sure, but that morning I had got advice from four different friends who all knew and vouched for this liability guy. I made a judgement call, it turned out to be wrong.

Your friend took a risk based on your recommendation but that happens all the time in climbing. Most of the time it pays off. Don't feel bad for too long.

There are 17 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints