Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Author
Short Story
simey
16-Dec-2009
8:36:28 PM
My big day is here. After many months I am finally going to announce my arrival amongst the big names. My fingers are sore from the constant workouts. It has been a gradual progression, but now I am about to claim my El Capitan… 1000 posts on Chockstone.

But what should I write for my milestone post? I don’t really know. I log on to see if someone has contributed something for me to bounce off. Alas no, I have written the last post on every topic and I seem to have stopped any further conversation dead in its tracks. Oh well, wait five minutes and surely M9 will write something. M9 is my hero. With over 5700 posts to his name, he is one of the top two or three posters on the site. I know he will be watching me, waiting for me to make that 1000th post. He will be the first to congratulate me.

It’s a beautiful day outside. I could have gone climbing with some friends, but my 1000th post was too important to wait any longer. Shit, I’ve just realized that I should have gone climbing. Then I could have bought up my milestone post with a trip report… what a way to bring up my 1000th post! Not only would I be congratulated by M9 but he would reminisce about his early days and compare our respective experiences and pass on some words of wisdom. He has already invited me to join him at Buffalo. We are going to aid some classic free routes. I can’t wait. That’s what climbing is all about… hanging off protection and standing in etriers.

To be continued…

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16-Dec-2009
9:17:50 PM
Not a poll?
... you are slipping mate, but don't worry, I will keep you on belay while you give the etts a workout.
Heh, heh, heh.

On 16/12/2009 simey wrote:
>My big day is here.

Good. ~> Your reputation is now consolidated.

>To be continued…

Please don't go the way of Bourge, as I enjoy your posts too much.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16-Dec-2009
9:38:31 PM
>My big day is here. After many months I am finally going to announce my
>arrival amongst the big names. My fingers are sore from the constant workouts.
>It has been a gradual progression, but now I am about to claim my El Capitan…
>1000 posts on Chockstone.
>
>But what should I write for my milestone post? I don’t really know. I
>log on to see if someone has contributed something for me to bounce off.
>Alas no, I have written the last post on every topic and I seem to have
>stopped any further conversation dead in its tracks. Oh well, wait five
>minutes and surely M9 will write something. M9 is my hero. With over 5700
>posts to his name, he is one of the top two or three posters on the site.
>I know he will be watching me, waiting for me to make that 1000th post.
>He will be the first to congratulate me.
>
>It’s a beautiful day outside. I could have gone climbing with some friends,
>but my 1000th post was too important to wait any longer. Shit, I’ve just
>realized that I should have gone climbing. Then I could have bought up
>my milestone post with a trip report… what a way to bring up my 1000th
>post! Not only would I be congratulated by M9 but he would reminisce about
>his early days and compare our respective experiences and pass on some
>words of wisdom. He has already invited me to join him at Buffalo. We are
>going to aid some classic free routes. I can’t wait. That’s what climbing
>is all about… hanging off protection and standing in etriers.
>
>To be continued…
>
This would have been a worthy contribution to the 'Short Stories' thread.

I am glad to see that you have celebrated the occasion.

wallwombat
16-Dec-2009
9:47:10 PM
>He has already invited me to join him at Buffalo. We are going to aid some classic free >routes. I can’t wait.

That's very funny, Simey.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16-Dec-2009
9:51:44 PM
It is true!
Not the part about inviting simey, ... though I'd be happy enough to share camaraderie of a rope with him.
I solo-aided country Road back in 2005, which was the 1st Gd 24 in the country, and Simey was impressed! ~> as he wrote (re that ascent), On Havachatwithhexy... thread, within posts 661-680, on 22/02/2005 at 2:33:46 PM;
>I like this new trend of aid-climbing routes that were established free. I just hope that guidebooks start recording FAAs (First Aid Ascents). I might go bag a few FAAs in the Organ Pipes this arvo.

By the way, how'dyago with the Organ Pipe FAA's simey?
~> couldn't have been too good, as I did not notice any written up in the latest guide...

ambyeok
16-Dec-2009
10:32:50 PM
Dear simey, I inadvertently got a hex stuck on a protusion of rock while downclimbing through the hole near the organ pipes. I now realise it was an aid descent and probably a FAD. Could you please ensure you include my details in your next guide book.

evanbb
17-Dec-2009
5:52:08 AM
1000 posts? Pfffft.

Clearly not a public servant.

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints