HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
Grade 3 AC Joint Dislocation (Separated Shoulder) 9-Sep-2009 At 1:05:39 PM scottah
yikes 25% loss doesn't sound good. I suppose it's luck of the draw. I'm 26, and AFAIK
in full health, so hopefully that will assist in recovery.

Josef, thanks for the referrals, I'll keep clincal pilates in mind.
Interested to hear you mention keeping the shoulder DOWN, did you mean the other
way? The injury (from what I've read and feel) usually means your shoulder naturally
drops, giving the illusion that your clavical pops UP.

I was rushing on Monday night in the rain and held a heavyish bag out with my bad
shoulder and felt very sharp pain in the injury, I'm paranoid I've moved the clavical on top
of my acromion now, it kinda feels different, higher, and further back.... In any case it is
now sore again, so back into the sling it goes *smacks forehead*

I'm seeing the doc again Monday (who hasn't recommended physio thus far since it's
really just ROM I should be concentrating on). I think I'll go see Julian next week to see
what he thinks.

On another note, the car doorer has reported to police that I cycled into the back of her
parked car and she didn't open the door *sigh*, the world we live in huh.

re:Surgery, I'd put money on getting osteoarthritis in the joint down the track, in which
case a surgical fix would probably be required...

I must say it feels odd to do nothing about this injury other than rest it, I certainly feel
the impulsive need that it needs to be treated somehow someway, cut something, move
something!

I think the jist of it was, if my line of work involved heavy use of the joint, then the pros of
surgery outway the cons. (And there are real cons involved in surgery!)
As much as I love climbing, it's not my job and I'm not doing it everyday, so wear and
tear wise it will be better than the manual labourer or overhead athlete. I'm in IT and sit at
a desk all day. (A friend of a friend who is a tradie, not labourer, was advised against the
surgery)

In any case, if things don't work out, there is always the option of surgery down the
track, although a slightly different procedure, but just as successful as far as I know.

- Scott

There are 21 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints