Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
Ankles busted in the Bluies 21-Apr-2009 At 1:41:50 PM RNM
Best way of abseiling safely that I teach:

Use a daisy chain (or a 60cm sling if you don't use as daisy chain) to attach to your abseil device. Put a prussic on your rope and attach this to your attachment point (where you would usually have your abseil device).

Safest way to abseil I reckon, and although it feels weird at first if you are used to attaching your abseil device to your attachment point, you soon get used to it. I always use this system when rapping and cleaning routes, and have recently been using it all the time as I have taught it to a new climbing partner, and have been role modelling.

Best wishes Jeremy. We all seem to mess up at some stage, and it always seems to be complacency. I messed an abseil and ended up with fractured ankle, vertabra, and arm. Still climb, and still complacent at times. Best wishes man.

There are 88 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints