Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
Lead fall Hard Rock CBD 23-Jul-2008 At 5:13:49 PM kezza
I don't understand what you are asking OzA?
Yes I spot my belayer before he first clip I have enough slack to do so, as the anchors that I tie to are only a metre or 2 from the base of the wall... No I don't belay with my shoulder to the wall, that to me seems uncomfortable..

I get pulled into the wall when anchored, yes, but my feet hit the wall, not my face and I can only get pulled up as far as my anchor allows, obviously. The only way I could face plant would be if you get sucked all the way up to the first clip, This is what my anchor is preventing.. During the first few clips, indoors and outdoors, I am (as should everyone) extremely cautious of how much slack is out to prevent a ground fall and the position of myself to a) prevent being fallen on or hit with gear on their harnes, and b) to prevent gear stripping.... but thats another kettle of fish.

I'm baffled by your question OzA, could you rephrase it if the above hasn't hit the spot.. I tried my best

I'm not suggesting this should be the rule... not at alll. This is just what I prefer in certain situations... You aren't TOLD to tie down, it's about using common sense and judging the situation yourself.. IF you prefer not to be anchored, then don't...

There are 108 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints