HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
Screwed Elbow - advice or similar experiences 21-Mar-2006 At 2:16:23 PM Nottobetaken
On 20/03/2006 climbau wrote:
>you may have to try a few different people (even within the same profession) to find someone
>that you can connect with. In my case, nobody in the past clicked that
>the root problem was as simple as tennis/golfers elbow.
Yes - the population of '7-Eleven Certified' medical practitioners far outweighs the number of medical practitioners that actually KNOW what they're talking about. Worth checking every avenue. Why just last weekend I saw some doctors qualifications getting sold with the fruit & veg down the local market. Maybe I should have bought some...

>a general change in diet (healthier eating, more veg).
If Beefy gets any healthier, he'll turn into a piece of Tofu...

On 20/03/2006 beefy wrote:
>here is a list of the techniques and remedies i have used and am currently using:
>glucosamine
>magnesium
>fish oil
>massage (deep and quite painful)
>acupuncture
>physio
>hydrotherapy (post surgery strengthening)
>strengthening exercises for all the supporting muscle groups
>Ice
>anti-inflamatories
>intense stretching
>yoga
...and clearly - they're all working. I know a Zulu Witchdoctor that might be able to help you. 30 minutes with him and a handful of dried Hyena bones - and he'll have you sorted. Payment in live cattle preferred of course (much cheaper than the grocery list mentioned above - and probably more beneficial).

On 20/03/2006 stugang wrote:
>Hey Bambi, have you tried therapy?
Yes - he has, but the relentless tide of bottom humour never ceases. Oh yeah - and don't mention that route on Taipan.

On 21/03/2006 climbau wrote:
>I was advised by a circus trapeze performer that the Mg would soften tissue,
>increasing blood flow and also make it easier to stretch and get in deep
>with massage.
I was told by a live mannequin in Amsterdam about increasing blood flow and making it easier to stretch as well - and I can tell you - it had nothing to do with Magnesium.
Best advice? a) Find a professional who knows what they are talking about (OK- so that could take you 9 months - but stick with it) b) back off the steep stuff for 2 months - but keep climbing c) skateboard to work instead

There are 50 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints