Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
psst: wanna buy some steroids? 27-Nov-2005 At 10:38:54 PM Rupert

I was going to let this slide on by, but what the hell, I’ll bite. I feel that the majority of media and public understanding about Steroids is based on fear and/or misinformation.

For many years bodybuilders and others have put themselves on the line as (often unwitting) guinea pigs and tried some truly biblical doses, often “stacking” (layering) many different compounds to get results. Most of the coal-face, try-it-and-see experimentation has been carried out by people like yourself. People willing to give it a go.

Most of the official research done on these substances is either based on very low therapeutic doses in human beings or therapeutic doses in very large animals such as horses and cows. This means that the majority of literature that is out there (often on bodybuilding or steroid promoting websites) is wildly inaccurate as to the dangers and side effects of these substances.

I believe some of what you have written here about these substances is actually inaccurate or misleading, and I don’t think you are to be “blamed” for that – there is very little factual unbiased information out there. I have several close acquaintances who have travelled a very similar road to the one you outlined above, and yes the results are undeniable – however much of the misinformation and misunderstanding that they held onto is also reflected in some parts of your post(s) about these substances.

My issue is not with the results obtained - I agree, many of these substances will give the desired effects. But I do think we need to be accurate about them. If I may briefly address a couple of them:

Anovar (Oxandrolone) Is not “non-toxic” and has repeatedly been shown to cause liver damage in humans even at low doses.

Clenbuterol is not really an asthma drug (yes it has been tried and discarded as one) it is essentially a bronchodilator for use in horses/cattle with respiratory problems. The USA has banned the consumption of meat with Clenbuterol in it because of “negative” effects on humans. This substance is categorically proven to cause enlargement of the heart and irreversible stiffening of the cardiac muscle (a less flexible heart is hardly desirable) in animals and humans.

Trenbolone is a cattle growth promoter that is being considered for discontinuation (by the WHO) due to its negative effects on the endocrine system of the animals and the people who (simply) handle the product. Understood to cause decrease in testicular weight in human males and uterus weight in females, aggression and renal damage.

Deca-Durabolin (Nandralone Decanoate ) is interestingly currently being tested on some late stage AIDS patients. However, again shown even at low doses to cause a host of long term side effects including all the usual ones the media love to carry on about.

As I said above, many of these substances are designed and manufactured for animal use. Yes kids, by all means take these substances, you will get big and strong (no argument from me there), and maybe you’ll also become uncontrollably aggressive and maybe your balls will shrink, your heart will fail and your liver will screw up and your kidneys may suddenly give up on you too.

Just think it through before you go shopping :)

There are 62 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints