HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
AML & Climbing - a random info thread. 26-Aug-2022 At 10:33:31 AM IdratherbeclimbingM9

Regarding visitation; RMH Haematology Ward is possibly the strictest place for rules that I know of, due covid implications for patients undergoing chemotherapy - effectively the most vulnerable of the vulnerable.

I’m now 2 months post covid and have had at least 10 consecutive negative CPR test results, which means that I’m no longer shedding virus, but, I’m still in an isolation room and not allowed visitors (including my wife and daughters), plus the fantastic staff who attend my needs have to wear full ppe gear which is all single use only and gets discarded* into the toxics bin as soon as they leave my room.

(* A sad thing to see, as I’m a long time supporter of minimal footprint living, but I understand the need for such action.)

On the topic of isolation, I haven’t been the most compliant of patients, as I drew a line in the sand when they also wanted me to live under a plastic tent enshrouding my bed, with an extremely noisy pressurising air filter running 24/7 at bedhead.
My logic is that I’m no longer positive covid nor am I shedding, plus I’m happy to comply with isolation, but isolation within isolation is a step too far, and sleep was almost impossible with the filter running.
The issue was discussed several times with several different staff (different shifts saying much the same things), but after coming to an agreement with the head person it’s been a situation of agreeing to disagree and letting sleeping dogs lay low.

I’m not a total recalcitrant however, because if push had’ve come to shove, I told them that I’d be prepared to camp on the dunny floor in RMH if it meant a favourable outcome to my condition!

There are 61 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints