HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
Blue Mountains - male climber injured after fall 25-Oct-2013 At 6:05:28 PM vwills
Having got over the shock of being referred to as a lady, and not having heard anything from Daniel rgarding gear I will add a little to speculation. I have tried to be kind as falling 30 m and having life shaken up is stressful and hes obviously still battling with coming to terms with changed circumstances.

With regard to the public health system in NSW there is no way there is a 3 year wait for treatment with osteomyelitis. I recommended Daniel contact his local MP if this is what he is being told when I pm'd him details for returning our gear (still waiting for gear to be returned, despite the rescue services and Katoomba police trying to retrieve it for us over the past few months). There is nothing like the local MP contacting the hospital CEO to get health administrators jumping.

Occasionally, unfortunately, I believe some doctors will try and push patients into having treatment in the private system by exaggerating deficiencies in the public health system. Certainly for elective operations such as a hip replacement or even gallbladder surgery there can be long waits in some area health services for elective procedures. For some conditions such as surgery for obesity, breast reduction or varicose veins patients must meet strict guidelines to get done in the public system. This is understandable. However for a nasty non union of an ankle fracture requiring fusion or amputation there should not be any issue getting treatment in the public system. So I am not sure what is going on.

The insurance coverage issue mentioned is I believe income protection. Daniel has obviously been unable to work since the fall. Income protection for climbing has been discussed on chocky before.

With regard to the cause of the accident I unofficially have heard the belayer had his device attached to the anchor, but not tightly, and when Daniel fell it got pulled out of reach and thus ran through. It would be useful if we knew what went on as a lesson for all.

Another lesson, I guess, is dont go climbing a multipitch with someone you just met by advertising 2 days before on facebook. Internet dating is tricky!

There are 140 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints