HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
shoulder dislocation - tales of woe/joy wanted 29-Nov-2012 At 11:35:16 PM White Gold
I dislocated mine 5 weeks ago for the first time. A week before Melbourne cup long weekend! Going to see John salmon this week. He does 700-800 ops a year with 75% of those on shoulders. A very good shoulder surgeon and conservative with his decision on whether to opp or not. Does a lot of the footy players. I have an extensive labral tear from 5.30 around to 12 o'clock. And moderate posterosuperior hill sach lesion.

Have seen a physio and had a few opinions. Most saying to try and avoid surgery as it is my first dislocation and just to do the rehab. That's probably sweet for the those other people who don't climb? Have been doing all the exercises and its feeling good but not going to rush back into climbing. Just have to wait and see what John says this week.

Out of interest how many other people have dislocated their shoulder, then done the rehab without surgery and not had it pop a 2nd or more times?
How old were you when you dislocated it the first time?
Were you still doing rehab when it dislocated the second time?

There are 25 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints