Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Climbing Videos

Post links and comments about your favourite climbing flicks

Author
Verdon Dreaming - Monique Forestier
onsight
12-Feb-2012
10:12:42 PM
Check it out! My first little video like this. Monique's climb of Tom et je Ris.

I've blogged about the video here. If you have any feedback I'd love to hear it, either here or (even better) on my blog.

And if you have comments for Monique you could always let her know on her blog here

Doug
12-Feb-2012
10:28:02 PM
Well! I sure liked it! All the different camera angles really gave an amazing perspective of what was happening. A very nice touch of sheer joy at the end from Monique too. Looking forward to more of this Simon ...
Mr Poopypants
12-Feb-2012
11:05:09 PM
Groovy Simon. Excellent footage. I'm guessing you shot it on your slr? Amazing. Just waiting for one with some intrigue and romance added, or a wooki. Must have been an easy spot to shoot in, eh?? :-)

benjenga
13-Feb-2012
6:56:01 AM
Great vid Simon and well done mon.
It's always better watching routes like these then just seeing pictures, it looks like a lot of long moves between holds on the tufa.

cruze
13-Feb-2012
1:21:22 PM
What I liked about this video was the sense of place (heightened by the long range shots coupled with the top down perspective) and the chilled Moby track contrasted with the clearly gritty climbing. Unlike most climbing videos I felt like the subject was really giving it her all to the extent that I think I got a pump just watching tufa pinch after tufa pinch! Monique clearly fought her way up it which is how gr32 (or any climbing at your absolute limit) should look IMHO.

It is a video in stark contrast to a lot of bouldering videos kicking around which seem to all incorporate music by Phully S8ck Sk82r band A, Inc and show the climber sending V14 after 1000 tries and making it look effortless. eg the recent repeat of Memory is Parallax.

Miguel75
13-Feb-2012
3:20:38 PM
Rad!!!
onsight
13-Feb-2012
4:33:09 PM
Thanks guys!

On 12/02/2012 Mr Poopypants wrote:
>Groovy Simon. Excellent footage. I'm guessing you shot it on your slr?
>Amazing. Just waiting for one with some intrigue and romance added, or
>a wooki. Must have been an easy spot to shoot in, eh?? :-)

Hey Poopbum, Dslr yes, Nikon D5100 and D3s - yes. A wooki could be good... Yes, very easy spot - glad I'm not 25 anymore... ;-p

salty crag
13-Feb-2012
5:12:21 PM
Really enjoyed that!

pmonks
14-Feb-2012
8:53:26 AM
Has Monique attempted Andrew's Bulge at Banger? I'd love to see a full photo shoot of that inevitable epic!!

Sabu
14-Feb-2012
9:19:53 AM
Very cool vid, well shot Simon!

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints