Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Topic Date User
Off Topic: Any farmers out there? 12-Nov-2009 At 10:22:45 AM Mike
Okay, I realise this has nothing to do with climbing, and is a serious long shot, but...

Are there any sheep farmers out there (in Victoria), who are soon to do some shearing and wouldn’t mind having their photo taken? Possibly you own, or run a sheep farm (or your family does) and you’d be okay with myself loitering about the shearing shed taking the odd shot of the shearing in action (hopefully without interrupting your work), on a day of your choosing. I’m happy to travel pretty much anywhere in Victoria (within let’s say 4-5 hrs of Bendigo).

As an example, this is a shot I took last year when the opportunity arose by chance:
http://www.chockstonephotos.com/Australian-Print.asp?ID=250
From a purely artistic motivation I’d love to explore the working shearing shed/life on the land kind of theme, making the hard working farmer the central focus.

I can’t offer money in return. This is an artistic endeavor very unlikely to yield many print sales. However I’d be happy to furnish you with a set of enlargements from the day (assuming we get a few worthy shots) or offer my services free of charge as a portrait photographer should you want to set up an impromptu shoot of the family/children/grandchildren, etc.

Obviously my main photographic interest remains landscapes, but I grew up working summer holidays as a general roustabout (come pseudo sheep dog) in a shearing shed not far from my parents property. Although that was more than 20 years ago, and maybe it’s nostalgia, I always thought the shed offered great light.

If anyone can help, please email michael@bendigoIT.com.au or phone 04 2852 8572.

PS: I’m hoping to be in the Gramps this weekend, probably milling about the Rosea/Bundaleer area exploring landscape opportunities, if anyone was planning on climbing something and wouldn’t mind a few frames taken of them please let me know.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints