Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Topic Date User
Dave Cameron or Rick Carey? (Bittangabee) 11-Nov-2009 At 9:24:52 AM deadpoint
>Cheers Dave. We had a terrific time there last weekend too. Beautiful spot,
>the campground is superb. bet it gets busy in summer. Would be great to
>get the original, then I'll put it up on ACA I guess?
>
>Do you know if anyone has lead the roof/crack on the right of OR wall?
>I toproped it on the weekend, and it looks like it'll go. Maybe 20, 21.
>Not sure. I think the sand made it feel harder.
>

Yes, it is a beautiful place and it does get busy in the summer, best to avoid, I have
found the best times are Oct-Nov and March-April, not to hot and not to cold.

If it is the one on the far right, starting in the cave like area then not that I know of.

Last year I got into action and lead the diagonal flaring crack and face just to the left of
the cave, its pumpy and very sustained, I was so pumped at the top, I beached myself
like a whale until I recovered, great climb, goes at 22-23.

Alan Bainbridge and I also added two more lines at the RHS of Zymurgy wall, 17 and 19.

We also added 1 or two more at Pulpit. If you are into cliff jumping then there is an
awesome spot to the left of Pulpit - in the car park follow the tracks on the left down and
onto the rock shelf and poke around, you will find the cave I mentioned and a great 15m
cliff with a sheltered cove, throw a knoted rope in and jump away.

I have found the pdf, I will do the updates and send it to you this morning. I am in the
process of getting the all to old newsletters and guides back onto the Canberra Climbing
website, they lost them in the transfer.

I don't have any issue with the contents going onto the aca site, but some of the original
info came from the VCC and I go permission from Bill Andrews to use it so I think we
may have to check with him again, do think it will be a problem. Bill frequents chocky
BA is his pseudonym so he prolly knows about this already.

Dave

There are 10 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints