Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Tassy in January

Phil Box
2-Nov-2009
8:25:59 AM
I hear rumours of quite a few people heading down to Taswegia in the new year. Who's going and what are the dates. I'm thinking that I'll be heading down there too. If anyone wants to go and do a share cost adventure then let me know.

So far Clint is coming so there are at least two of us to share the driving. I will be taking some major camping gear down for the base camp at various locations. I may have room for anyones gear if they want to fly and join us down there.

I'd love to know everyones movements so we can hook up and have a climb.

My proposed itinary is to start in Launceston, do Cataract Gorge, maybe Hillwood, head up to Ben Lomond and stay in the climbers hut. Perhaps to South Sister and maybe even drop in on Andy Martin and his own private crag if he is home. Go to Coles Bay/Frecinet where I reckon spending more than a few days is definitely worth the time, granite sea cliff climbing in a stunning setting, mmmmm, granite. Down to Mt. Brown and the Paradiso then off to maybe the Moai or the Tote. Next comes Mt. Wellington, gosh that place is a climbers heaven.

Anyway, this trip is by no means a commercial venture, just a way for a few folks to get together and have a climb on the cheap. It's that or I'll hook up with one of the other parties heading down. Be good to know what people are planning. I can't wait.

Oh yes, anyone who wants to come will have to be self sufficient with their climbing and leading skills. This is not a trip for anyone who can't look after themselves on a cliff. Oh yes, I soooo want to complete the sea level traverse of the Hazards. The whole trip will be an awesome dirtbag adventure.
widewetandslippery
2-Nov-2009
8:29:51 AM
You own the big tarp that Bro Colin had at Booroomba? You will make so many friends with that baby in Tassie. Major tarp envy.

Pat B
2-Nov-2009
8:55:59 AM
Phil,
I'm going down around about the 7th to meet up with Gerry Narcowizc and Ingvar Lidman. Would be fun to hook up with you guys if it works. When are you heading there?

Grunt Master
2-Nov-2009
2:56:51 PM
Hi Phil,

I am moving back to Tassie mid december to start work in Launceston. Definately up for some climbing, will be at the shack with the big chunk of rock in the back yard all through Christmas and January. Give us a call and we can line up some climbing!

Regards

Andy Martin

Phil Box
2-Nov-2009
6:56:56 PM
Colin onws that tarp but I also own a huge tarp as well. I will definitely be bringing my tarp.

Spoke to Andy today, yup, very keen to hook up mate.

I'm thinking that the date for the start of the trip will be close to just after new years day. Will take a couple of days to get down there, longest boring trip evear but it is worth it in the end.

belayslave
3-Nov-2009
12:18:04 AM
Hey Phil,

I'm hoping to still be in Tassie when you're planning your trip (assuming work doesn't get in the way) I'd
be keen to catch up for some of your adventure. Would be great to visit some of the crags i haven't been
to in ages (which is most of Tassie given my state of injuries in recent years!)

Keep me posted, and if i have my own place by then you'll be welcome to use it as a base when you're in
Hobart.

Chris.

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints