Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
climbing partner wanted for blue mountains
tenny
19-Jul-2006
5:47:22 PM
hi my name is ryan ( 30 yrs old) from ireland and I have just arrived in sydney fresh from two weeks climbing in thailand ( Krabi area) and would really like to do some climbing in the blue mountains. is there any climber/ group out there interested in meeting up or adopting me for a day or two to do some sport climbing ( grades 14-20) any time over the next two weeks....
Failing that has anyone any advice on climbing in the blue mountains e.g hiring of a climbing guide, good reasonable accommodation, best locations etc.....

looking forward to all the replies.............please help

RYAN

Ell
19-Jul-2006
9:11:03 PM
sliianna can climb mid-week. I'm useless so don't look at me!

sliamese
19-Jul-2006
9:55:13 PM
id go to blackheath if i was you! awesome crags close by. check out Shipley Upper for sure. com really cool easier climbs in a spectacular location! also if you get a chance to go to Pindari do This Sporting Life. a very fun little route! well thats what i think. either way im jealous!!!!!
jgoding
19-Jul-2006
10:32:55 PM
Hey Tenny,

try Mountain Designs in Blackheath as well as posting a notice in the climbing gyms in Sydney.

Not sure if the Sydney Rock Climbing Club might be able to help you with some local contacts but it might be worth contacting them and letting them know what you are looking for.

If you get the chance to go to the Wolgan Valley (Coal Mines & Coke Ovens in particular are brilliant areas) definitly do it. It is a stunning part of the world that is often overlooked in favour of more popular sport climbing areas. The Wolgan is more adventure than sport in general.

You might also like to consider going to Point Perpendicular and Nowra. If you do I might see you there as I'm up there all of next week.

Enjoy.

Joe
wyt91t
20-Jul-2006
2:19:30 AM
get on a sydney based site first like cragx

http://denim.bbboy.net/cragx
sydneymatt
20-Jul-2006
9:04:59 AM
Good crowds of regular climbers at bouldering walls at st peters and st leonards gyms on tues,thurs nights. Ask about, always someone heading out. If you have no luck head out to Shipley, 10-15min walk from Blackheath station, or a couple of min drive. always climbers there on weekend if clear weather, pretty friendly bunch. you will get a belay no worries. Just make sure you take a your stuff ( including rope ) and should have a good day. Good luck:)

tnd
20-Jul-2006
11:52:13 AM
Mountains weather looking a bit iffy for this weekend. I know a few people going to Point Perpendicular, although showers forecast there as well. Note that it is rap in climb out trad climbing, not sport. They might decide to go sport climbing at nearby Nowra instead though if it's too windy on the sea cliffs.

Let me know if you're interested. You'd need harness, shoes and preferably belaying device.

If you're looking for a guide in the Blue Mountains during the week try Australian School of Mountaineering (http://www.asmguides.com/) in Katoomba. There are a few hostels in Katoomba as well, including a YHA.

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints