Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Topic Date User
Orphan Climber 6-Jul-2006 At 7:02:51 PM kezza
Last Saturday was my first day on rock since January!! Isn’t that an outrage!
I live in Ballarat, and for all of those who don’t want to think too hard, you drive through it from Geelong, or you drive past it coming from Melbourne when you are driving to the Grampians or Araps!
In recent times my car blew up, so even bouldering by myself is now off the cards, I’ve now resulted in catching PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!! Such an ugly word, gross!! (A funny sounding word is trolley..)
The point I’m making is I no longer have a regular climbing partner, or even random climbing partners for that matter, even though it would seem I live in the most convenient of locations.
So this is a shout out to any climbers who think they might want another tag along climber chick. I climb mostly sport.. as in 9.9 times out of 10 I clip bolts rather than place trad..
Although I’m happy to climb trad but I’ll probably second more often than lead, but if there’s a convenient low teens trad line that looks pretty I’ll give it a go..
I’ve climbed the odd 23 sport, I’ve just started bouldering late last year and have bouldered a V5. Trad I think my hardest was a 15..
I own a rope and draws (they’re red and really pretty) and I’ve got a boulder pad, but that’s blue. I have my P plates so can share the driving. And of course chip in for petrol/food.. I can cook awesome pancakes by the way, just ask my housemates!
Fair enough I’m a little clumsier then most, and can’t help it but hurt myself on walk ins more then when I’m actually climbing. I think the word I say most when walking is “whoops”, “ouch” and “I’m okay”.
I’m super keen to push myself harder this year. I’ve had an injury every year since I’ve started climbing, so I’m trying to make this the injury free year. Where I can finally push myself beyond the 22/23 sport barrier and I think with a good amount of time on rock I can do that.
Next semester I will have every Friday off, long weekends EVERY weekend..
I will need to work some of these weekends, but if you’re heading away why not stop off in good ol’ Ballarat!! And once you’re done visiting Sovereign Hill, nip around the corner and take me out climbing so I can stop complaining how I never get to go climbing!!
Can YOU help an orphan climber?

There are 10 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints