Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Ride/climb day ?

SNAFU
6-Feb-2006
2:09:49 AM
Had a think about it and the two places i think could be good are the Cathedrals or Mt.Beckworth. Both have reasonable car and bike access, although the walk-ins at Cathedral crags might not be to everyones taste. The biking roads up past near Buxton are pretty good( and so are the trails), but Mt. Beckworth would probably be one more for the dirtbikes in the group.
How far are people willing to travel ? Ideas for alt. destinations ?
M9, do you know any good trails up near Buffalo ? Some friends of mine have just moved to Bright, so I'm planning to head there some time in the near future

IdratherbeclimbingM9
6-Feb-2006
12:01:10 PM
On 6/02/2006 SNAFU wrote:
> How far are people willing to travel ? Ideas for alt. destinations ?
To get any real climbing in, the destination would need to be less than a half day ride and even then overnighting would probably be better?
~> conundrum of o'night gear then, along with rope and rack ...
I like the idea of a support vehicle, and Wilsons Prom sounds great, but maybe this can be our second trip as a long weekend destination?

>M9, do you know any good trails up near Buffalo ?
Not really. Have not been in the area long enough* to be familiar with the many trails though I have been doing my 'desk homework' by purchasing maps etc.
(*To date I have been more content to explore the tight'n'twisty tar options).

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Feb-2006
3:40:27 PM
Judging by the comments on other threads, it appears that Wilsons Prom would NOT be a good destination till regeneration after the fires is more advanced and more areas are opened within that park.

There are 3 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints