Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Feb-May 2013 Warrumbungles and nearby areas

Snacks
13-Nov-2012
2:20:58 PM
A bit of forward planning...

Looking to tee up some climbers keen for the Warrumbungles and surrounding areas for the Feb-May in 2013.

Will be hoping to get out most weekends and climb during this time.

Cheers

IdratherbeclimbingM9
13-Nov-2012
9:20:59 PM
If you have no luck on this site, then try the Coonabarabran Bushwalkers Club, as they have an active climbing section...
I almost always found a climbing partner from within their ranks when I needed one.

pmonks
14-Nov-2012
2:38:27 AM
On 13/11/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>If you have no luck on this site, then try the Coonabarabran Bushwalkers
>Club, as they have an active climbing section...
>I almost always found a climbing partner from within their ranks when I needed
>one.

Are we still talking climbing?
PThomson
14-Nov-2012
7:46:18 AM
Hey Snacks. I've been wanting to get out to do Flight of the Phoenix for a bloody long time. If your psyched (and since we already know each other), we should hit it up at some point.

Regards,

-Paul

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Nov-2012
9:25:11 AM
On 14/11/2012 pmonks wrote:
>On 13/11/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>>If you have no luck on this site, then try the Coonabarabran Bushwalkers
>>Club, as they have an active climbing section...
>>I almost always found a climbing partner from within their ranks when
>I needed
>>one.
>
>Are we still talking climbing? >boomching!<

?
Yep, but things evolve, so Coona BW's may not have the same enthusiasm for it due this being some time ago now, though it is hard to believe their core group would be any less inspired due to living on the doorstep of such great climbing.
;-)

Edit:
Snacks; I notice your original post period covers the Easter public holiday period...
~> This is traditionally the 'prime time' visitation period by all and sundry to the Warrumbungles (including climbers), so you may want to plan ahead accordingly, ie book (now?), for Balor Hut if you intend using it during that time!

Another thing worth doing if you are looking for motivation, is to peruse the Trip Reports section of Chockstone...
~> Lots of valuable info can be gained there too.

jkahd
14-Nov-2012
9:56:50 AM
I am super-keen on the bungles - and the flight of the phoenix in particular is a route i was planning to work towards. It's above me (particularly the nav/speed of that much trad) but please keep me in the loop.

cass

HM33
14-Nov-2012
12:09:21 PM
Make it happen Paul. FOTP is worth the effort. Steve

E. Wells
15-Nov-2012
7:54:52 PM
Its well worth jumping on Cornerstone ridge or a route similar that is not hard to see the line to get the feel for it before FOTP, I am not well travelled but the Bungles is such a great place for adventure. Flight is stunning. Maybe recce the approach if intending to do it in the dark (recommended).

IdratherbeclimbingM9
15-Nov-2012
9:21:58 PM
On 15/11/2012 dangermouth wrote:
>Its well worth jumping on Cornerstone ridge or a route similar that is
>not hard to see the line to get the feel for it before FOTP, I am not well
>travelled but the Bungles is such a great place for adventure. Flight is
>stunning. Maybe recce the approach if intending to do it in the dark (recommended).

Even better, recce the track down off the top, as a better option for night shenanigans, on the assumption that you will finish the route!
Heh, heh, heh.

By the way dm, it is Cornerstone Rib, ie not to be confused with Vintage Rib, located just right of it (and some might argue a better experience), that is well worth doing too!

E. Wells
15-Nov-2012
10:43:26 PM
Hello and THANKYOU for sharing your experiences , Im a newbie . Vintage ridge sounds enriching and am looking forward for more fun in the suns trajectory

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16-Nov-2012
9:56:44 AM
On 15/11/2012 dangermouth wrote:
>Hello and THANKYOU for sharing your experiences , Im a newbie . Vintage
>ridge sounds enriching and am looking forward for more fun in the suns
>trajectory

Heh, heh, heh.
I liked it!
(Edit; both the humour and the route).
youngtuffdy
5-Jan-2013
3:00:35 PM
Hi Snacks,

I'm probably keen to bumble around the Bungles for a few weekends this year. I did Flight of the Phoenix back in 2010 and it was pretty good :)

Let me know if/when you're keen,

Aaron

There are 12 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints