Climb Gramps this Weekend....need lift! 19-Jul-2012 At 7:29:33 PM 1GeKKo3
>On 18/07/2012 1GeKKo3 wrote:
>
>>woah there....wasn't saying it the way your reading it
>
>really? so what are you saying that you haven't fallen on any gear yet,
>you don't get out on real rock much, you only climb 16 trad, and 21 sport,
>can only boulder to v4, no self rescue or other hauling skills, but that
>your willing to climb with a beginner ?

yes, i'd be happy climbing with someone who is only comfortable climbing grades 1-5 and i've done it before, that was the point i was trying to make. I remember being a beginner and feeling intimidated by good climbers and their ability to do things I couldn't come close to.

>>
>>I have climbed with many beginners, and been there my self as everyone
>>has
>
>My point was that to many you are in fact still a beginner, no big wall
>skills, no mountaineering experience, no aid climbing skills, only climbing
>low grades, and moderate bouldering, etc,..... so saying that you

Sorry for not making it clearer but I use to call myself a beginner until i had enough experience to take someone climbing that had never climbed before and these are the beginners I was talking about. Someone might be an experienced seconder but doesn't lead for what ever reason...i would not call them a beginner, unless they wanted to start leading. I have no interest in big wall, mountaineering, or aid climbing and have never attempted them so how can i be a beginner? So I guess i am a beginner of all the grades I have not made it up. And you say 'only' as there is a problem that i only climb these grades.....the only climbing that I'm really interested in pushing is my bouldering, and not by grade, the others make no difference the grade. I'm perfectly happy climbing where I am currently until I feel like attempting harder climbs.

>
>>have the patience for any beginners that are interested
>
>might read a bit hypocritical is all

You only gain more experience from climbing with those that have more, or different, experience than you or climbing more...so if i'm not climbing then not much i can do to improve my skills in either of these ways.

>
>>i'm just happy to get out there and climb anything, including the low
>>graded stuff and at any pace. I only put the grades up for climbers that
>>climb much harder than that who might not be looking to climb with someone
>>that will struggle on the routes they want to climb.
>
>Try climbing stuff that will make you struggle, good for gaining skills
>in getting up a rope if you can't get up the rock, and its also a great
>way to get experience/technique and stamina needed for those mid grade
>climbs when your ready.

this is true, but i rarely get the opportunity to climb with people who climb harder than me and it doesn't bother me enough to want to set up top ropes for myself.

There are 65 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints