Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Sydney to Araps around Christmas?
Jon H
8-Dec-2011
2:04:32 PM
I have off from work from Dec 23 to Jan 9 and I would like to get down to Arapiles for about 7-10 days. Anyone driving down with a spare seat in the car and/or looking for a partner? I will of course toss in for petrol money.

I have a full double rack, multiple ropes, 10-11 years of trad/sport/ice/alpine climbing under my belt, and lead about 20-22 depending on the style of climbing.

Safety conscious, motivated to climb as much as possible, etc blah blah. Shoot me a PM if you think we can set something up!
benpatterson
12-Dec-2011
7:27:56 PM
Hey Jon,
I'm ben from the U.K, I've been working in Sydney for the last few months and right now a christmas of climbing sounds spot on. Unfortunately i do not have any transport, I would be very keen to chip in for petrol if we could find someone else with a vehicle. I have lots of trad experience and make a safe, fun partner. Here's hoping!
Ben
Wendy
13-Dec-2011
9:23:52 AM
Jon, do you actually read your PMs?

Jon and Ben, I'm in the Blueys and heading for Nati sometime in the next few days depending on how shitted off with the weather I get. PM if you want a lift.
Wendy
13-Dec-2011
12:37:58 PM
Sorry guys, I've had enough of the weather already and am heading home this afternoon. Good luck getting a lift! Still PM if you want local beta or a climbing partner.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
13-Dec-2011
12:41:23 PM
On 13/12/2011 Wendy wrote:
>Sorry guys, I've had enough of the weather already and am heading home
>this afternoon. Good luck getting a lift! Still PM if you want local
>beta or a climbing partner.

... O ye of little patience! ~> a true afficionadoTM of sandbag 22 offwidth, would welcome the chance to do it in the rain! That way you can tell your belayer that it is just wet from the rain when they ask about their clothing!
Heh, heh, heh.
lacto
13-Dec-2011
2:42:45 PM
bom says no rain until at least sunday
widewetandslippery
13-Dec-2011
4:32:26 PM
I"ve written trip reports here and on cragx about syd to araps by public transport/train. Leave syd 8pm at the crag next day round 3pm with 2hrs shopping and drinking time in hor town. Its a cHeap and good option

Eduardo Slabofvic
13-Dec-2011
4:36:07 PM
On 13/12/2011 widewetandslippery wrote:
>I"ve written trip reports here and on cragx about syd to araps by public
>transport/train. Leave syd 8pm at the crag next day round 3pm with 2hrs
>shopping and drinking time in hor town. Its a cHeap and good option

The only good thing about Hor town is looking at it in your rear view mirror
widewetandslippery
13-Dec-2011
5:38:26 PM
Agreed 2hrs is bit much. But it gives u time for a poor counter meal and stock up on beer and noodles
benpatterson
13-Dec-2011
5:55:27 PM
hello, how would i find your article on sydney to araps by public transport? tried using search function but had no luck. thanks ben
widewetandslippery
13-Dec-2011
6:17:26 PM
M9 or. Neil. Or dali or sabu could best help. I'm good with public transPort. Syd to. Melb train $70? M$eb hor town $40 hor town to mountain less than $20. Works good sleep oon th the. Syd to melb train. Lots of times vrail puts you on a bus to hor town. Shuttlke to araps leaves about 2pm. As said ehrs roughly for negotoiating hopr town. Each time I've done it tHey have let me lkeave my shit art the bus strAtiopn, I go to coples and come back loaded upo and get my ride to the hill. Nby a styrafoam. Esky and some ice, not just fopr booze but as an antio possum unit edit:I'll fix this post up once I am home and not walking mary

IdratherbeclimbingM9
13-Dec-2011
9:15:43 PM
On 13/12/2011 benpatterson wrote:
>hello, how would i find your article on sydney to araps by public transport?
>tried using search function but had no luck. thanks ben

Here is a starting point... and ww&s has a segment within it.

I don't recall seeing a single ww&s thread on the topic though, (but have not searched)...
widewetandslippery
13-Dec-2011
9:25:20 PM
I'll fix porevious post on a desktiop tomorrow. Its not to expensive and imho a good way to do it.

There are 13 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints