Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Topic Date User
help wanted 22-Nov-2011 At 12:01:49 PM tariadamar
i was serriouse as well if i lived up that way i would go out their an help set it up especially for $300 from short man. but it is just to far for me.
also reading this comment of yours.
no i mean connect ropes togther to make the 120m pass. ill have to buy a 200m static spool and you can only get dynamic ropes in 50,60m packages so i would have to join three of those to do this. how accurate is google earths measuring tape.

if the gap is 120 meters across. i would be wanting a rope 150 meters long. this is not knowing what anchors are around and gives me 15 meters each end for find anchors and slack in the rope and stuff. i would not be tieing two or more ropes together as the knot in the middle is going to weaken the rope significantly and also be almost impossible to undo one done.

i would recomend getting say this rope. http://www.climbinganchors.com.au/products/Blue-Water-II-%252b%252b-11.2-Price-Per-Metre.html

this is great rope easy to tie and what i use for setting up. or if you plan to do alot more of these. getting one of these
http://www.climbinganchors.com.au/tendon-13mm-static/

yes i know it is alot of money but this stuff is ratted to 48kn and it is your life you are trusting in this thin rope. and if you get 200 meters then you know you will have enough to get across the gap and have more for your next big plan.

There are 13 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints