Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Topic Date User
Peru 2011 (Cordillera Blanca regulations) 28-Jul-2011 At 8:28:05 AM vwills
I dont mind paying locals a few soles, or even paying a National Park Pass (though 65 soles per week would be a bit excessive and a pain to obtain before every trip). I just wish (along with a lot of the locals) that there was some clarity and advance notice of requirements.

Don't know if the guide thing is local commercial pressure. The local companies gave the impression it was an ill informed bureacratic response to safety concerns.

Things were/ are still not clear on summit post which is full of North Americans whinging about having to pay. They say they will be staying in Colorado next time..... Good on them. Given the state of their economy they may well have to!

Sounds like you had better weather than in the Blanca, though I think our timing was always just out.... It was quite unstable this year with often only 1 good day followed by 2 unsettled days. Had to bail on first attempt at Artesonraju after 2 days of snow at moraine camp. Second attempt waited extra time at glacier camp for more settled weather but in the end just ended up going for it, to summit in no visibility on a very very cold day. It was meant to be the warm up climb, but took 2 visits and 9 days!

Enjoyed a few hours of sunshine on L'Esfinge before it also clagged in and sprinkled snow on us all afternoon and evening. Fortunately we were back in camp at midnight before it dumped 5 cm .

I wish my Spanish was better. My ability to speak seemed inversely related to fatigue...

There are 9 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints