Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Topic Date User
Just wondering 17-Mar-2010 At 2:17:14 PM wombly
A dicky finger, an upcoming trip to araps and too much time spent boring students to death meant that the only day out in recent months was to Mt York, with an idea of attempting the numerous off-widths on offer and a potential attempt of the grand daddy of them all: The monster offwidth, 20m 21, with a short roof at half height.

The day started well with a clean lead of the offwidth corner Peppercorn (15), despite the damp conditions. From there it was onwards to Yank Yer Doodle, a 12m splitter given the currency of 18. A couple of early attempts, followed by lowerings to the ground showed that tape for the fist jams might be a necessary evil. After more grunting and failing the disease extended to my ankles and other body parts. Much dogging ensued to try to get the double hand stack technique down pat. At 1/2 height the crack became too wide for double hand stacks, but was still too narrow for a bridged foot. From here I came to understand the jeans and flannels worn by the 50's generation, and converted to french free to reach the top. from there it was choice of soloing the loose slab to the R, or the mossy, wet corner.

Adventure urges now sated, i baled to seconding duty while erika lead some of the classics near the obituary. Seems like i'll have wait for improved technique, more battle armour and cooler climes before an attempt to slay the monster is contemplated.

There are 31 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints