Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Topic Date User
Werribee Gorge Nobs 7-Jul-2008 At 3:53:25 PM ado_m
Thanks Paul, that's a decent reply - I can see you are genuinely conscious of the impact of large groups on the atmosphere of the crag. I may well have aggregated the Monash group with another bunch who was there.

I pulled your top rope. You're right - there was a communication error here, and it's a problem with a lot of people on a small cliff - before pulling it, I asked someone from your group if I could pull the rope, and she had no problems with that provided I put it back up afterwards. Before that, I explained to her that I had been queing to do the route before you guys got there, and that my friends had asked the leader installing the top rope to hold off for a few minutes until I came back from taking a crap (but the message didn't quite make it for whatever reason). It was quite a long dump I admit.

I guess I'm just anxious about large groups (commercial, university or otherwise) dominating cliffs, and that's a subtext of my earlier post and deciding to pull the rope. That said, there is plenty of rock out there, and are more conciliatory approach would have been to climb another route or just move the rope over...

There are 77 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints