Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Topic Date User
Kim Carrigan BOOK 15-Aug-2017 At 12:54:34 AM ima.seriousyoungliza
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=9291
'...JM: It's funny when you drive past Little Plum and look at it now it looks such a crappy route. Back in the early 80s Stoney Middleton had the most condensed number of hard routes of any cliff in the country. To get a first ascent there on something hard at the time was massive. I can remember a family friend asking me what my ambition was in climbing and I replied: 'To do Little Plum'. I can remember thinking if I do that and never do another climb my career will be successful. I wasn't really getting very close, then Kim Carrigan and Dougie Hall (who were top climbers at the time) walked past. I wanted to impress them and did it right there and then. They had both tried it and had also tried Genesis in Colorado. Genesis was supposed to be one of the hardest routes in the world and I remember them saying the difficulties the move felt about the same. After doing that crappy boulder problem route at Stoney I felt ready to take on the world....'

>>>wanted to impress them...

Jerry makes it to America...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM-zsZM_VwM

http://www.planetmountain.com/en/news/climbing/jerry-moffatt-interview.html

.'...Was that a buzz?
A massive buzz. I remember being sat on the plane on the way home again, nineteen years old, thinking I must be the best climber in the world! Can you imagine it?...'\

>>>Can you imagine it?

YES JERRY...I CAN IMAGINE YOU GIVING KIM CARRIGAN TOTAL CREDIT FOR THE SUCCESS OF UR CLIMBING CAREER ...BECAUSE KIM GAVE YOU A MASSIVE KICK IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ... THE DAY HE PSYCHED YOU UP LITTLE PLUM !!!...AND INSPIRED YOU TO TAKE ON THE WORLD !!!

...and BEN MOON ..who climbed the first 34 in the world only acjeived that because Kimz mate Claw ....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

syl2

...ANDREA HAH & KC CRANKING UP SERIOUS YOUNG LIZARDS (31)......KCz left hand is on the same hold as the one Andrea (far right) is using with her left hand ...............same place ....30 years apart ...

slab6

...above Andrea .is the infamous short grey slab of Lord of the rings ...........grade 25 ........when its dry ...

There are 429 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints